Keebler Crackers Recall

jeninky

I hope that peanut butter was from some of the old batches, they completely tore down the old processing plants and rebuilt them from the ground up just to assure the current peanut crop and the products they're used in are safe.

They had these in the snack machine at school. I can't help but wonder if some of our students with stomach bugs actually have salmonella. We have a bunch of them sick at their stomachs, but the doctors tell them it's a virus.

They had these in the snack machine at school. I can't help but wonder if some of our students with stomach bugs actually have salmonella. We have a bunch of them sick at their stomachs, but the doctors tell them it's a virus.

They likely had a virus. If you read the article you would have seen that NONE of the recalled products actually made anyone sick. They were recalled just in case they might be be contaminated. I'd say these should be the products you buy in the future. That's great support from the manufacturer in my books. There's a chance we may have some bad product on the shelves? Pull 'em off.

My gosh, what next?! Someone is trying to kill us here in the USA......meat, toys, milk products, chocolate, and now peanut butter? Hint! Stop buying Chinese products! America wake up!

The FDA is now saying not to eat ANYTHING that has peanut butter in it. They say that commerically made peanut butter in the jars is okay but anything made with peanut butter should be avoided.

MSNBC report.

I have learned (and many people with allergies know also) that it is very easy to check if something MIGHT have peanut butter in it. If you are not entirely sure, look at the ingredients. You do not have to read all the ingredients. Go to the bottom of the list and in bold letters (usually) it will say: Contains Nuts (or soy, milk, eggs, wheat). It makes it easier scanning for those who have to.

Have you ever tried to find out if a restaurant uses peanut oil in their foods? Our granddaughter is violently allergic, we carry an epi-pen with us at all times. Most restaurants are very good about finding out for us, if they don't know. But we have had some experiences with a few that were pretty unpleasant-they act as though we were asking for our secret recipes! I've written to Weinerschnitzel and Appleby's both about the rude response we got, even after explaining why we had to know. Needless to say we no longer eat at those places.

Gina, Montana is not one of the states that has recalled the products. I heard on the news last night that you should probably not use anything with peanut butter or peanut paste that you bought after July 1, 2008. They were focusing mainly on crackers. Nothing was said about peanut oil.

Now that I'm obsessed with washing my hands - I've been checking every single jar and/or bottle of any products containing nuts or peanuts etc. My peanut butter seems to be OK as those brands were not mentioned. I'm hoping it is OK. And the peanut oil is not suspect (yet) and it is heated up quite high before cooking with it.....sigh....... It's like you wait for the other shoe to drop....what next......

I never realized how many things are made with peanut butter until this year. at my daughters school they made a "peanut free" rule because of kids and some staff who are allergic and even peanut items can be airborne and cause deadly reactions. Because of this when I buy stuff for her lunch or send the snack for the class it has to be peanut free. This means not even manufactured in a plant that also uses peanuts in other items because they can be on the equipment. At first this was hard because things I would not have imagined had traces in them. We are used to it now but it really made me feel for people who have to go through this because of their allergy or their kids. That would be so scary!

And everyone was down on Kellogs who pulled their products early just in case.

Peanut oil is prolly less used, and it doesn't seem to be an issue. It's less used ;cause it's expensive, good peanut oil is about as costly as extra virgin olive oil (from really ugly olives). You know virgin olive oil is from ugly olives, so extra virgin... okay forget it. Peanut oil has the highest flame temperature there is short of 20W50, but adds no taste to the food you're cooking, of course cooking with 20W50 is really manly. Anyone for black chicken, fish, whatever. I use it to cook and lube the engine of my car. I recommend semi-synthetic. :)

The peanuts processing plant affected this time only processes peanuts used in products like the crackers, so peanut butter & peanut oil are unaffected. I'm assuming they'll go through the same drill the other plant did, close down, level the buildings, treat the surrounding soil and rebuild.

Fred`s face was classic when I told him about this. He looked like the world was coming to an end. He and Chelsea are big peanut butter eaters. Natural and commercial types. I had to say that it was not the kind in the jar. He relaxed a bit. He sometimes likes a pb&j as a snack after work.

Thank goodness I have to buy Peanut free for my sons school. My kids would eat peanut butter straight out of the jar if I would let them. But all their snacks are peanut free because I refuse to buy snacks that are just for the house in case I reach into the wrong box and put something in my son's lunch that should not be in there.