My New Website

evervescent

I put the finishing touches** on my new website last weekend. It's located at http://www.minipalooza.com or Minipalooza.

I hooked the website up to a database that I started a few months ago to index the miniature magazines I was buying. So, if you go to the "Magazine Index" and type something like "flower" in the subject field, it will bring back all of the articles that referenced flowers. I started this database because I was getting frustrated with my memory. I would need instructions for a table and know that I had seen at least 3 patterns, but not remember where.

The NAME site has a great magazine database, but they have so much stuff entered that it blew away my meager magazine library and you can't query on a time period or a particular magazine in that one.

I thought about scanning the articles and adding content to my database, but I'd like to stay away from Cease and Desist orders :D .

Cheers,

Andrea

**websites like dollhouses are never "finished"

Beautiful work Andrea! You're as skilled in web design as you are in minis. I really like your attention to historical accuracy too. That's a gift to the future.

Deb

Anderea,

I love your new website. I was surprised when I saw Jeepers as one of your links. They are a little over an hour away from me. Then I noticed you were from Indiana too :angry:

Very nice job on your site and I have it save to my favorites!!

Thanks

Your site is great and your houses are beautiful!!! I'm planning to paint my Orchid nearly the same colors you have chosen for your Victorian country house. I also want to make my Orchid look like a real turn-of-the-century house. The historical recreation and accuracy are my main aspects too. Thanks for sharing your work!!!

Anderea,

I love your new website. I was surprised when I saw Jeepers as one of your links. They are a little over an hour away from me. Then I noticed you were from Indiana too :angry:

Very nice job on your site and I have it save to my favorites!!

Thanks

Yes, I think I could have put children through college on the $ that I've spent at this lovely shop.

I want to thank you all for your comments and encouragement. I get so isolated in my little workroom and its wonderful to know that there are others out there with the same interests.

• 3 weeks later...

I added a new database to my website. It is a Miniature Store Directory. There's only one entry in it right now (my local mini store). I've noticed from time-to-time on smallstuff that members will ask about the location of stores. It's my hope that as people come across my website, they will send me information about stores in their area.

I haven't come across a comprehensive store listing. If you know of one, let me know and I won't duplicate their work. If you know of stores you think should be added to the list, please send them to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, my site is back up and running. Its acting a bit quirky right now until they get all of the bugs worked out of the new server.

In the downtime, I re-wrote the site using an updated piece of software. It will change the layout of a lot of things, but not the intent or the feel. At least that is my intention. I will upload the new site tomorrow morning after they've had a chance to iron out some of the server performance issues.

Hope to see you there.