Whatcha Watchin'?

Deb

Good question, I have no idea. The older two may go out to the movies to see one of the new releases, but unless there's a movie I want to see enough to out for my birthday with dinner after, when we take DS#3, I think he's pretty much likely to watch his "Die Hard" videos.

"The Bishop's Wife" was a B&W movie starring Loretta Young, David Niven & Cary Grant, with Elsa Lanchester in a supporting role. It was remade in color as a sort of musical (obviously) starring Whitney Houston, Courtney Vance & Denzel Washington (smack, drool), titled "The Preacher's Wife".

I just sat through as much of "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" as I could stand. Johnny Depp is really creepy in it! I liked the Gene Wilder version much better.

There are those that love the new version and others that would rather watch the original. I have watched both and I like the original better. I have to say that I do like all those squirrels in the remake! LOL

No one has mentioned White Christmas..or have they? LOL

That is a must watch for me. We love watching A Christmas Story. Favorite part is when Ralphie beats the snot out of the bully.

around here so far we have sat thru all of the old chrismas stories

Nester the long eard donkey,How the grinch stole Christmas(both versions) rudolph,The year without a Santa clause is my alltime favorite and I enjoyed the new Miser Brothers show. look forward to seeing that one again. We have also watched the Wizard of Oz. and Christmas vacaction and home alone 1&2

lucky for me so many of these are taped...get to watch Christmas stuff while Ive been making Christmas pressies.

I love The Christmas story with George C Scott. wonderful version!

one more day! :p

I shall try to sit through "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" tonight; I LOVE all of CS Lewis' books, and his chronicles of Narnia were enjoyed by me and all three of our sons. I'm still waiting for someone to make movies of his space trilogy!

There are those that love the new version and others that would rather watch the original. I have watched both and I like the original better. I have to say that I do like all those squirrels in the remake! LOL

No one has mentioned White Christmas..or have they? LOL

That is a must watch for me. We love watching A Christmas Story. Favorite part is when Ralphie beats the snot out of the bully.

I much prefer the newer version called 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', at least they got title right. It is way closer to the books than that awful version with Gene Wilder. Though Willy Wonka is illustrated in both books as an older man looking a lot like Colonel Sanders, don't know why they went with Depp.

I have to disagree with Doogster, we watch the Alistair Sim version of A Christmas Carol every year. I looked up this movie & I think there are 35 versions of this !!

A Christmas Story (Ralphie) is a great movie, but you can only watch it so many times. There are several movies based on Jean Sheppard's book. It Runs in the Family, Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss, Phantom of the Open Hearth, are some of them that I have.

Have a nice holiday everyone

Steve in PA

http://www.aroundmd.com/whitechristmas/

• 10 years later...