You've got to be kidding me!

I saw this on yahoo news today http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/ap_on_...erced_kittens_4

And I want to hunt this woman down and smack her. Repeatedly. Preferably with a large, blunt object.

Why on earth would anyone think this is a good idea, let alone a MARKETABLE idea??????????? UGH!

tHE POOR KITTIES......They should pierce the lady and throw her in jail. I suggest a piercing about 6' long and sharpened on one end, around 1" around........ GRRRRRR this gets my fur all riled up.

I know there are people who pierce their baby's ears and I have to say, if I had to do it over, would that my mother had done it to me then! I have also owned a Doberman with cropped ears and and I have personally seen many, many Dobie puppies with their ears cropped and I know it can be done humanely as long as a competent vet does it and the owners follow up on aftercare, but I do know that a lot of people think it is still cruel anyway. I'd be willing to bet that the kittens were pierced without using any anedthetic though, and that makes me mad, because that is cruelty.

Kitten piercings??!!??? That's sick, just sick. Its purposeless, no doubt painful, and they're going to get caught on something as kitty rubs by- sick sick sick!!!!

I'm with the rest of you that suggested piercing the owner with something big and painful! :p

Are there any updates on this?

I think babies look cute with earrings, but I worry they could pull them out. I would never do that to one of mine.

I have to admit to torturing my dogs tonight. But they look so cute with that elf hat....(well, they sure acted like it was torture)