the weird "window" stairs in the Newburg

Elsbeth

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I just looked at my almost finished newburg and the "landing" at the top of the stairs is just in front of the inside end of the bay window with a "doorway" to the other room on the right so I would not say the stairs end at the window, but in the room.

Just the way I see it...

Terri

Would like to see this! I'm not picturing it!

In my gallery, there's an album with 2 bunnies on the front-- look for the interior of my Newburg, and in the lower right corner you'll see stairs to nowhere, in front of a bay window. They're loosely attached there-- it came that way, so I'll have to pry them loose and make them the front stairs.

You will notice that the front stairs are missing on the house in the picture you liinked to, and are at right angles to the one in your picture (I hope you don't mind I copied it for us to look at), and unless that's where the people put them for safekeeping whilst transporting the house for sale, I have no idea why it's been put there. I appreciate seeing the pictures of the interior, though, because I haven't built mine yet & I notice that there are no stairs to the third floor and the stairs downstairs are like the crappy stairs in the Cambridge. <holding hand to forehead> I foresee serious bashing when I finally build my Newberg.

Now I understand what you mean. I'll agree with Holly, must be tacked there for transport.

Yes, Holly, the stairs are bad. If my Newburg wasn't a playhouse for my daughter, I'd replace them and add a banister and rails around the opening in the second floor. She doesn't want stairs to the attic either. So I'm not adding a bunch of fancy stuff. She can add it later if she wants or I will if it's worth doing after she's done with it.

Terri

Those are the outside stairs hot glued to the floor for transporting. I saw this house on CL and think it was one I house by the trim on the base. I built store displays for Duracraft for a couple of years they where sold at auction when the place that bought the duracraft stock went bellyup. The guy who sells them on CL has lots of old stock, if you can wait till after christmas, his prices will be much lower.

I live in Salem where are you?