My Extra Special Christmas

Merry

This Christmas is extra special for me! It's a happy one so I don't know why I'm sitting here crying.

Last March I found my only sister after 18 years of not knowing where she was or if she was even alive. 18 years ago our mom died, and my sister was overwhelmed with life. (Sometimes life is overwhelming.) Anyway, I found her and now we talk on the phone every day. I have gone to see her twice. God answered my prayer...and hers!

One thing I have learned is to never give up. Follow your heart even if other people think you're crazy for doing so!

Here's a special Merry Christmas to my sister, my beautiful and talented sister!

Holidays are more emotional than we think and very overwhelming than we give credit too..

I see it every year so please remember to take care of yourself first and I know a lot of people say they cannot do that... well if you want peace in your heart..... guess you have no choice...

Mary, that is amazing! It will, indeed, be an extra special Christmas for you both!

Does she live far away?

PS: I also cry easily at happy, emotional things. I needed several tissues watching the childrens' Christmas pageant a few years ago. They were so serious, and so cute!

Mary, I do a lot of genealogy and have had the joy of finding "lost" cousins. But to find your sister -- that's amazingly wonderful for both of you. <wiping away a tear of joy for you>

Guest Nathaniel

Its been years since I have seen my brother so I was definitely touched to hear this... I cant wait until I reunite with my brother or until the day that my family is all together again. It will be a powerful day for me and my family... We were a very close family growing up and it wasnt until a few years ago that my brother decided to kind of do his own thing and now we havent all been together since...

Families can be very strange. I have a sister-in-law I've never met, don't know if she's still alive. She's the sister of my late husband. No estrangement or family arguments or disagreements, just no communication.

I am so happy that you are back with your sister again after so many years.

I have one sister and two brothers and I have no contact with any of them. The brothers have made it their choice. Maybe because I am so much younger then they are. They feel we have nothing in common. (i saw them at our Mom`s funeral but not since and not for many years before). My non-contact with my sister is my choice. Long story..do not want to get into it.

I am happy that I have my immediate family here in my home and all my friends close by and far flung in other countries. I am blessed in that sense.

Hold her close and do not let her go.

That is so great!! I bet this will be a very nice Christmas.

I have a nephew that I haven't seem in many years. He actually ran away to the carninival. Last I heard he was in Baraboo wi. He ran away from his parents, but has never contacted any of aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc. My sister saw his picture on the web with a band. We know that he has been in jail. He had a good job in Shebogan but left that. Sorry I kind of hy-jacked this post.

I am amazed from your replies how many families are not families...just doesn't seem right (although I understand that sometimes we have to make difficult decisions for our own sanity.)

Thank you for sharing in my happiness! I wish we could all sit at the kitchen table and talk.

Merry Christmas to my new friends at Greenleaf! :)