Susan Scogin Miniature Doll

Missymew

I can't believe that I actually won a Susan Scogin miniature toddler doll on Ebay last night. I put in my bid, watched a Christmas movie with Ray, and then checked my Ebay and found that I had actually won her.

Susan mailed her off priority post this morning, so hopefully I'll have her soon. I'll post photos. I've been a huge fan of her work since I first saw some of her dolls in Miniature Collector a few years back.

I'd pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming, but as I fell down the basement stairs about an hour or so ago I know I'm not dreaming. My body doesn't usually hurt this bad when I'm asleep. I was carrying some Christmas Baking downstairs to put in the freezer, and I stepped on a cat and my feet went out from under me. Thankfully my left hand was still clinging to the railing (I'm surprised I hadn't let go). Ray heard me scream and found me still hanging onto the railing. I landed on my back (hit my head). Thankfully our stairs are carpeted and well padded. Missymew is okay - that was my main concern. I think I'm gonna be stiff for a while, but at least Missy is fine.

-Susanne

Oh Susanne, I'm so glad that you're okay! That could have been a horrible fall. There must have been an angel watching over you to keep your hand tight on the rail. I hope that the aches and pains will be as minimal as possible and they go away quickly. Napoleon sends nose nuzzles to Missymew too.

At least you have a fabulous doll to look forward to and brighten your day. Congrats on an excellent win!

Hugs,

Deb

Oh dear, great to hear about both the toddler doll, can't wait to see pics later on! Sorry though to hear about the fall, must have been such a scare! Glad that Missymew is doing OK but please do listen to the body...

Lots of hugs and positive thoughts coming your way for quick "un-bruising"

I wouldn't wait to go to the doctor, Susanne; I have some new bruises and a really sharp lower left rib pain (nothing wiggles down there) when I cough that began about Tuesday after my tumble downstairs a week ago Friday; I'm getting my annual physical exam done on Tuesday & will get the new ouchy checked out thoroughly then.

Oh Susanne you poor dear. Falls can cause injuries that don't show up right away so please keep a check on things. I am so happy that Missymew is ok. Our babies sure get under foot at the wrong time. But then again, is there a 'good' time for them to be under foot? Looking forward to seeing pics of your new toddler.

I wouldn't wait to go to the doctor, Susanne; I have some new bruises and a really sharp lower left rib pain (nothing wiggles down there) when I cough that began about Tuesday after my tumble downstairs a week ago Friday; I'm getting my annual physical exam done on Tuesday & will get the new ouchy checked out thoroughly then.

Its not the falling down the stairs that hurts, its the landing. Holly, let us know what the doctors finds when you go for your check up. A really sharp pain doesn't sound good. I've got bruises and rug burns but seem to be okay. No headache, but I was sick to the stomach today - probably just shocked my body. Mosly hurts in my lower abdomen (probably due to some fairly extensive abdominal surgery I had several years ago). I'll give it a day or two to see how I'm doing - my doctor is really great for getting me in on the same day that I call.

Holly, I hope you'll be okay. Falling down the stairs is not for the faint of heart.

Thank you everybody for your kind thoughts. I really appreciate it. Its nice to have somewhere to log on and have a little wine .... I mean, whine.

Hugs

-Susanne

My tumble was due to my having such a crappy sense of balance; I would have done it a lot sooner had we had furbabies in the house. Did you startle Missymew?

Missymew hates it when I cry. She comes right up to my face and cries and cries, and then she bites me. Good thing that I don't cry very often.

I'm stiff and sore today, but nothing serious.

Hope you're gonna be okay Holly.

-Susanne

When she arrives I'll post pictures. Remember, living in Canada it can sometimes take a couple of weeks to get my parcels. I'm a little less sore today as well..... as long as I don't move, sit, stand, walk, laugh .... I'm fine.

-Susanne