From a whisper to a scream

Tilly Wants Cake

My Buttercup is in the home stretch - the interior is just about done and the exterior is just shingles, paint and some decorative touches away from being done.

So of course the Glencroft on my wishlist has begun to speak to me. Tilly (the owner of the Buttercup) has a neighbor named Nettle who will get the new place, complete with a secret laboratory with hidden entrance. I think I'll be bashing this kit as well, which makes me slightly nervous having read what a challenge the Glencroft is. But I can't help myself!

I think I have until my birthday to figure it out, but my mind has long since begun to muse over this...

My house I'm on currently is SO close to being finished too. And it's driving me crazy. I want it to be done! I bought it half put together and broken so I fixed it and upgraded it but now I have the urge to build! I want to crack open that new box and start from the beginning!! I have no idea which one I am gonna do next but I wrote all my houses on a little piece of paper so I can draw one out of a box. Silly huh but I just can't decide. :teary:

LOL, kit lottery! No matter which one you pick it'll be a winner!

I am thankful to have started from scratch on this one. I'm going to be even more methodical and scrupulous with the next one. I want to work with the board as some of my final surfaces, instead of adding flooring, etc, so I really need to get everything right from the get go!

I understand being scream at by kits! I'm in between houses right now! Poor Strawberry Patch is still in her box, as well as the 1/2 inch Country House, they've been begging to be released for awhile now. Then there's the Alison Jr, sitting in the basement, waiting to be loved and getting more and more demanding everytime I go down there. To top it all off, the Cranberry Cove, long since built, and I presumed finished is demanding to get wallpaper and new lights. She keeps telling me I was too new at dollhouses way back when to make her as glorious as she should be, and insists I give her another round of embellishment. They're all screaming so loud, there's no place in my tiny RL house to get away from them! Help!!! What to do, who to build, who to fix...? LOL

Now a friend has informed me she has an unboxed Glencroft in her garage! I'll have to wait til after Christmas of course because I promised not to buy any of the miniatures available in the HBS catalog until then, just in case, but she'll take photos of the boards out of the box for me tonight and I can see if everything's still nice and flat after twenty years. <_<

I'd be totally willing to do that except that the directions aren't included, so she can't even tell if all the pieces are still in the box. I'm still looking to see if I can find the directions online for her to reference.

Aren't the Glencroft directions located on this website under gallery? She can even go there to look, just send her the link.

I also have a Glencroft - it's going to be my first build. My house is at least 10-15 years old and, other than missing the wall pieces (we started to put it together, but the shell went missing in the last move) which we are changing anyway (the need to bash LOL), I still have the directions. If you want, I can always scan them and send them to you by e-mail.

I also have a Glencroft - it's going to be my first build. My house is at least 10-15 years old and, other than missing the wall pieces (we started to put it together, but the shell went missing in the last move) which we are changing anyway (the need to bash LOL), I still have the directions. If you want, I can always scan them and send them to you by e-mail.

I would forever be in your debt! If the directions are online anywhere, I can't seem to find them (and I'm known as the Google queen around here)!

If you don't mind scanning them, I'd be super grateful!

Not a problem. :p Happy to be able to help. (I don't know if you could get them directly from Greenleaf.) I have to take my daughter to dance soon, so I will do it either later tonight or tomorrow morning. However, if your friend has the schematic drawing, there should be sheets numbered 1 to 18, plus a plastic window sheet. Shingles also included.

My version is dated 1983, so I am pretty sure it would be the same as yours.

However, since I am relatively new to this site, can you tell me how to find an e-mail address to send it to?

Not a problem. :p Happy to be able to help. (I don't know if you could get them directly from Greenleaf.) I have to take my daughter to dance soon, so I will do it either later tonight or tomorrow morning. However, if your friend has the schematic drawing, there should be sheets numbered 1 to 18, plus a plastic window sheet. Shingles also included.

My version is dated 1983, so I am pretty sure it would be the same as yours.

However, since I am relatively new to this site, can you tell me how to find an e-mail address to send it to?

I don't think it's anywhere, so here you go!

My friend has none of the papers unfortunately. If you could scan that inventory sheet too that would be wonderful!

Edited by Minis On The Edge
to remove email address