Willow Instructions

Elsbeth

I can contact Greenleaf directly, but I was hoping someone might have a scan of the instructions handy.

I managed to misplace mine during the many times I got the kit out to consider building it - and now, having finally done the dry-fitting without any instructions (it was totally easy and I had already punched out the pieces for the basic shell), I'm trying to figure out the stairs and fireplace...and boy do I need the instructions.

Thought I'd check here first before putting in the request with Greenleaf. Thanks!

Jenn, the "trick" with stairs is a firm shallow box with straight sides, line it with waxed paper and lay one of the stringers in place along the side and commandeer some of your kid's building blocks to hold the risers & treads in place as you glue them into position, and then when it's dry lay the other stringer there and glue the risers & treads to it. The shorter riser goes on the bottom, usually. Fireplaces should dryfit into answers. Chekc folks' albums.

Thank you for your sage advice, Master WillowGuruholly. ;)

I am surprised how much I am enjoying this house.

I spend my evenings staring at the shell trying to come up with a cohesive plan for how it will be decorated.

I think I have the outside planned - but must figure out the inside so I can do it as I go.

That will a first for me also - I usually build then paint/decorate. I'm gonna try the paper-as-you go method this time.

Holly - you are so RIGHT!

I found the instructions last night (after a lovely tour through some boxes I had packed to get things out of the way - so I found some lovely little things I'd tucked away - like a nice resin victorian stove from DHE) - and I think it was MORE confusing with the instructions than if I just used common sense.

The Glencroft instructions were really quite good compared to these. There are hardly any diagrams or illustrations.

I think I got the dry fit shell done in less than an hour thanks to NOT reading the instructions.

Hmmph.

Well in other news, I have decided to completely redo the stairs....I have this thing about stairs and front door being part of a formal room. So - I have issues with the stairs and front being in what would have been the living room.

Wish me luck on reconfiguring this. *sigh*