Buried Treasure

TinyJudi

A few days ago I was browsing on eBay, mainly out of boredom. I came upon an auction for a lot of various miniatures. Included with the other items was a small baby. Now, I am not much of a doll person, but this little guy was a had-to-have. He was exactly like the small baby I played with as a child. He was in the box of dollhouse furniture that I would play with at my great grandparents house. I called him 'Bub'. I have no idea why I called him that. :rudolph: Anyways....I bid and won the auction and my little Bub arrived today. I opened the package and there were a lot more things in there than I had realized was included. As I ohhed and ahhed my way through the packaging, I came across a vase. Oh, I said to myself. This is pretty. I carefully opened the package. The vase was cool to the touch from being in the chilly mailbox. As I gently removed the lid I turned the vase over. There on the bottom was the name "Reutter". I quickly sat down. I just stared at the vase. I could not believe it. My first piece of Reutters. I went to Google to do a little search and there it was. I found the exact piece for sale for $10.50. I realize that that isn't a high amount to pay for such quality, but it was higher than I would ever pay for one item. For the lot of things I bought, it was $13.30 and that includes the shipping cost. So, here is my buried treasure and my new prized possession...next to Bub of course. I tried to get a picture of the name on the bottom, but I could not get it into focus.

This morning as I was getting Bub ready for his first day at his new and final home, I noticed a bit a writing on his back. Digging out my magnifying glass and holding him under the light (sorry Bub, I know it was a little warm under that light), I saw "Renwal No.8 USA" on his little backside. Some researching found that he comes from a long line of Renwal items. I found a site that carries a lot of the furniture that I remember being in that old cardboard box Bub used to live in. Oh my! Just look at the prices. Considering the age of these items, the prices weren't that bad on some of the things. The site didn't have a No.8 Bub, but did have a No.63. Later version perhaps? It lists at $8.00. So, not counting all the other little goodies, for $13.30 I got an $8 Bub and a $10. Reutter piece. Yeah...gotta love great deals. I am still so tickled over my Bub. He may even go to work with me. :banana:

Wow, you have done terrific. the vase is fabulous. Bub is Wonderful, I have that some doll. I have saved all my Renwal Furniture and Family, I have the Mom and Dad also. You need to hold on to them they are well worth keeping. People have asked me to sell mine but I can't do it. They are a part of my childhood that I won't let go of.

Val

I took Bub to work with me. I tried to show him off, but all I got was weird looks and a few head shakes. They just don't understand I guess. Oh well, it doesn't matter. He is here sitting on my desk. The two Reutter pieces will be on display in the McKinley I did in memory of my Mom. It is my treasured house, so my treasures should go in there. I may even fix up a spot on the third floor for Bub. His own special room. That will require some Renwal furniture. I'd better get shopping!