My Tennyson was my first dollhouse - link to pics attached

Guest Nathaniel

Guest Nathaniel

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=1745

Above is the link to the evolution of my first dollhouse, my Tennyson.

I mentioned this in another post but I will put it here as well. With a forum like this, the right materials, and a great deal of time and effort, I think ANYONE can really make a house BEAUTIFUL! I was shocked when I was working on my first house, my Tennyson, and it was coming out SOOOO Beautifully! I spent MANY MANY HOURS on that house. I was a beginner but I took my time and made everything count. I laid each floor board and tile individually in that house, and put alot of time and thought into decorating it, adding lights, wallpaper, baseboard, crown molding, door and window molding, etc. I still need to finish that one, but its probably the one that I am most proud of at this point. It is usually the one I furnish with my most expensive furniture and accessories because I feel it deserves to be treated very well.

I will NEVER part with this house!

-Nathaniel

You should be proud because it is very beautiful and I must say I LOVE your color choice for the outside.

I always see your houses on the home page random pictures and click on them. You do great work even my teenage daughter noticed them the other night when I logged on and she checked out all the pictures in your gallery. She was impressed by them. :(:) Don't you love this forum it's like you have your own little fan club!

THere seems to be a problem with posts getting posted multiple times tonight...
Apparently not just you. You can contact on of the admins to remove the duplicate(s). I love your Tennyson! I like that house anyway, if GL rereleases it in my lifetime I hope I get to build it.

Guest Nathaniel
You should be proud because it is very beautiful and I must say I LOVE your color choice for the outside.

I always see your houses on the home page random pictures and click on them. You do great work even my teenage daughter noticed them the other night when I logged on and she checked out all the pictures in your gallery. She was impressed by them. :congrats::cheer: Don't you love this forum it's like you have your own little fan club!

Thank you! Maroon or Burgundy type colors are some of my favorite colors. I actually plan on painting one of my bathrooms in my real house a beautiful maroon color. Telll your teenage daughter thanks too. I put alot of time and effort into my houses. They have been mostly rehabs but I have spent alot of time fixing them up. I like to say that I do "flip this house" but for miniature houses! I do love this forum, its so nice to have a place I can go and people will understand the pleasure I get from this hobby.

Apparently not just you. You can contact on of the admins to remove the duplicate(s). I love your Tennyson! I like that house anyway, if GL rereleases it in my lifetime I hope I get to build it.

That would be awesome if they would rerelease the Tennyson, maybe as a Select edition. It is a nice house. It can be really pretty if it is done up right.

Your Tennyson is gorgeous! I love the colors! I'm hoping I can rehab mine to look half as nice! :)

Thank you! WHat are your plans for rehabbing yours? I learned so much on this house. IT was my first attempt at siding, lighting, laying wood and tile floors one by one, baseboard, crown molding, window and door molding, wallpaper, etc. It was my first time doing all of these things and I think it turned out pretty darn good! :)