3/12/06 What are you working on now?

David, you are doing 1/2" and 1/4" scale too??? This is GREAT too much fun for one forum I tell you! I want to see pictures of your stuff too!

I can't wait to see pictures Josi

Well I'd been putting off trying 1/2" scale thinking it will be hard to make or find furnishings but the lighthouse kit was something like 60% off so I had to get it - I've always wanted to have one of those and it really is the right size to fit just about anywhere! And the 1/4" kit was a freebe from our club's pot luck. So.. I get to try my hand at making something even smaller. I think it may end up being a farm house <?> not sure yet it says it's a Mott's original- what have I gotten myself into lol :D

-David :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at work again today :D it's such a bummer when i so long to work on my houses!!!!!!!!!!! but i gotta pay for the mortgage to house my houses!!! I have thursday off so i'll work on my house then....i then have to work friday and sat but have one extra day off next week since i'm working saturday...the next weekend is a 3 day weekend! yes! Still lots of sanding to do on the individual pieces of the heritage. I may only get that done on thursday, maybe a few other things.

Oh, our former guy tux cat -- the one who had to be relocated to my parents' house because he couldn't cope with apartment living -- HE never washes any part of himself. He was clean when we had him, but now he's a dingy boy with ochre paws. I can only assume that our girl cat had been washing him when he lived with us.

I should be doing sitting-still type research projects right now, but my mind keeps straying to the paint closet... but I can't get up and down.

Want to know how I threw out my back this time?

I was walking to jury duty at the Civic Center courthouse. No big deal. (No, I'm not on a jury this time.) It's a 15-minute walk, maybe 20 minutes. No, I didn't do anything mundane and normal like slip on the damp pavement!

I was looking for a pastry for breakfast and ended up at Starbucks, since there's a Starbucks every 20 feet here. When I walked in, I was fine. I bought my set of three vanilla mini-scones, dropped them in my shoulder bag, and whammo! I could barely walk. Every muscle from mid-back to mid-thigh decided it was not on board for cooperating in forward motion.

Now *those* are leaden baked goods.

oh man!

poor kid! so what do ya do about it to make it better?

just rest? is there anything that can be done to help strengthen your back so even mundane things like slipping and falling wont send you to the chiropractor?

take care of yourself!

nutti :D

Every muscle from mid-back to mid-thigh decided it was not on board for cooperating in forward motion.

Oh Wende I do feel for you. I've just now got where I can really do normal things like sweep and vacuum from my fall in December, without wondering if I had reinjured it. Please take care, I have a whole new empathy for back pain since my fall.

My chiropractor is real high on cold compresses to reduce inflammation.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Peggi

Oh my, Peggi! It was you who had that dreadful back injury earlier in the year! I couldn't remember and haven't had the attention span to go back through old postings and look. And it took three months to heal? Yikes yikes yikes.

Thanks to Advil and a hot shower, I'm a little more mobile this afternoon. I think the extreme cold (for us) made everything worse. It wasn't cold by the standards of most of the country, but it was colder than I'm used to and colder than the heating systems in most buildings are set to handle.

Goodness, I feel old today!

Ow, Wende, I injured my back when I was nearly 14, my mother insisted I entertain my stepsister's inlaws' kids with their hula-hoop and I have never had any physical coordination. Consequently in the ensuing 50 years my back will "go out" on me, often with no provocation, although one time I did it sneezing. If I can cinch it up with an elastic rib belt for a couple of days eventually it calms down again. My doctor gave me some back-strengthening exercise to do, but they seem to catalyze the problem.

Goodness, I feel old today!

This getting old stuff is definitely not for the faint of heart. They told me that with age comes wisdom........but no one said anything about creaky knees and achy backs and stiff fingers.

Deb

What am I working on now?

-The HUD house... We will officially name it during the ribbon cutting.

-Every night I work on knitting scarves and matching hats for winter.

-I have a handled box (yard sale .50c) that I painted and I am decoupaging Mary Engelbreit drawings onto every month (i get her magazine).

-Planning new veggie garden bed.

- Planted seeds in trays for spring.

-Working hard on a budget plan. Have to re-vamp where the money goes since kids have gotten older, heat, gas, and electricity have gone thru the roof!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Garf, otherwise a couple of models I want to get at. The Proteus from Fantastic Voyage and Serenity from Firefly and Serenity. I need to find out how to straighten the rear stabilizers on the Proteus. Warpage is common with resin kits, I just don't want to break it. Serenity is going to be more of a reference picture hunt.

Well what am I working on?

I 'perfected' my mini carrots (they look like they are freshly pulled from the garden --roots and all. So proud of myself. Also perfected the peeled bananas, now the fruit or center of the banana when cut, looks like a 'real' banana. Look in my webshots album in mini food. )

http://community.webshots.com/user/lisan204

I bought two small bonsai, and some mini mud men to put underneath of them when potted--I went to Williamsburg with my mother for minis--road trip! So I bought mini trees. One is a pomegranate? and the other is a small japanese rose tree of some sort, pretty little blooms on it.

Am toying with an idea to finish off the Olde Shelby cottage, but will have to forgo the traditional English garden on the parlor side I wanted. So still working out the kinks in that..... ;)

Next on my to do list is to paper and shingle, and decorate Chris' house he built--Queen's Row. Still picking out the wallpaper and plasterwork, which is great fun. We were talking about how to wire it for some chandeliers this evening, but haven't found any that really appeal to me as of yet.

Also, a couple of swaps and such...but that's all for the moment. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I built the brick stove surround for my grosvenor kitchen today. i didn't intend for it to take up so many hours. The first part of the project I had to scrap, i was experiementing and it took to much work. I was planning on mortaring between each brick. I gave that idea up after an hour of work. :lol: Looks just fine without the mortar. I'll save that idea for another project :D I had intended to finish wallpapering my hallways but didn't get to it. Maybe tuesday afternoon. Now i'm just sitting here vegging anticipating my day at work tomorrow. The sunday blues for sure!

saw this topic and had to say too what i am doing

thinking about my half thatched glencroft roof (don't like it) may well re do it

mixing paint for the girls houses

making 2 1.24th beach chairs for friends

making an mini easter bonnet for a full size easter bonent comp

pondering on the best sort of covering for an outside loo (bricks or plaster)

started to stitch a carpet in wools

petting my Fairfield box and wishing i could start it !

painitng a fireplace for the glencroft

dressing some 1.24th beds to go for sale on my site

lighting my christmas tree

sanding the doors down for the glencroft

planning some flower basket kits and bead bottle kits for my daughter and her friend's mini making day in the easter hols.

planning cheap metal pram makeovers for a mini day with my friend who has never made minis

making hundreds of pet food boxes and bags from printies, for Saras pet shop

making 7 tables for hollies orchid cafe

gosh didn't realise I had so much on all at once, I have not got time to be sitting here at work, better make some excuse and go home early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country Church, Coventry, Garfield, Swap items, petipoint victorian floral rug, possible tutorial for online class, staining shingles glues on to a Cambridge, re painting shutters on a Sweetheart, Rearanging furniture in real living room to make a home for the Coventy. designing lobster traps for Lighthouse. looking for fill items for the Coventry

Hmm it seems I had more projects but i beieve I have completd them, I have been slowly but surely finishing up unfinished projects.

Melissa

Finished refrigerator for the Coventry & starting the furniture that came with the kit, stitching tiny(!!!) rug, Xstitching a picture for DMIL & knitting a layette against DS' & DDIL's determination.

I am doing nothing but reading and walking(slowly) around the house.

although Idid manage to start one of my kits.

a wicker doll cradle bought in Chicago.

playing electronic yatzee my mum bought for me.

made many choices about how to proceed with the coventry and the Lily.

read a doll magazine bought in Chicago from a hispanic mag company andx it is so full of stuff in it to learn even if you cant read the print. lol

we bought them for the free rugs and some printies....but the bonus is the mag is so wonderful!

oh Im reading a Dean Koontz book.

nutti :)

I'm finishing the last few rows of shingles in the Tennyson, I can't seem to make myself do them. Working on the Pierce, trying to ignor the whimpering from the Beacon Hill who has been neglected for almost 2 years, and clearing space for the Fairfield.

Just finished 16 pieces of wicker for the dollhouse store, and trying to think up ideas for the swaps.

trying to ignor the whimpering from the Beacon Hill who has been neglected for almost 2 years,

Terri -

Beacon Hills won't be ignored. They'll whimper and whine until you give them the attention they feel they deserve. I think that the BH is one of the needier dollhouses. She's grand and she knows it. I bought some new flowers for her (doing a little re-landscaping). But, I'm not off work until Thursday, but my BH is not happy having to wait. She's seen the new flowers and wants me to start arranging. I've bought bleeding hearts, hollyhocks, geraniums, marigolds, delphiniums, daisies, dusty miller and an iris for her. She'll love the attention when I start to work in her gardens. To placate her while she waits, I've put some new geraniums on her balcony.

-Susanne

I know, BH are demanding. I've had to give her her own room. Mainly because feel so guilty about ignoring her. But I know when I do start back with it I'm going to rip everything out and start all over. I started it almost 10 years ago and got a little overwhelmed. She was my first house, and I paniced. I know now I'll be able to do everything much better this time around.

terri