New from West Texas

Sherry

Hi to everyone! I joined the community a couple of weeks ago but have had problems posting. A Big thank you to Minis on the Edge for fixing things for me! I'm a school teacher, grandmother of 4 preschoolers, and mother of a teacher and a son in the Air Force.

I am pretty new to dollhouse building. I put a large one together for my DIL several years ago, but just followed the directions and didn't try to personalize or even finish the inside. This summer though, I put together a small RGT house that my husband bought and never put together-then I was hooked! I am now working on a Victoria's Farmhouse and having a blast doing all the fun little details!

I'm glad to be a member here and hope that as well as learning from all of you, I can maybe contribute a bit!

Welcome Sherry! Where in West Texas are you? I'm from Lubbock, although I live in Rhode Island now. There was a wonderful little shop in Lubbock until about 2 years ago. The proprietor, Amy, wanted to have more time to spend with her young sons, so she only does mail order now.

Welcom to the forum and the hobby!

Jerri

Well I don't know about shops in West Texas. I have not been there in years. We had friends in Borger when I was a kid. When we go to Texas now we go to Dallas. There is a great shop there. And a awesome one in San Antonio if you ever head down south for any reason. Sorry this has been of no help to you whatsoever! Just rambling :(

Welcome Sherry! Where in West Texas are you? I'm from Lubbock, although I live in Rhode Island now. There was a wonderful little shop in Lubbock until about 2 years ago. The proprietor, Amy, wanted to have more time to spend with her young sons, so she only does mail order now.

Welcom to the forum and the hobby!

Jerri

Lubbock is where I'm at! We moved to Austin for about 5 years but are back home now! I remember the shop in Cactus Alley and wondered what had happened to her. Does Amy have a website, catalog, whatever? Good to see another Red Raider here!

Hello Sherry, welcome to the forum!

It can be a little daunting at first - trying to learn how all the bits and bobs work here. :( I'm no computer whiz, but I've gradually mastered the features here. It a terrific site, everything couldn't be easier - it just took me a while to figure things out.

I'm sure you will have lots to contribute, with all of your experience! This is definitely a place of sharing.

• 2 weeks later...