3/11/06 Family Pictures

I've got a story to tell. My son and I went to pick up some videos at the store one evening and you had to sign them out. The girl behind the counter was a girl from school that my son had just told me on our way there he had a crush on. He was in his last year of highschool at this time. As I proceeded to sign the videos out, she looked at my name and said "oh you must have thought that was a strange name when you married him?" (I have a really really strange last name) I took one look at my son and felt so bad for him all the while waving my arms and saying "no no no, I'm his MOTHER"

Needless to say, this girl was never mentioned again.

This is him and I at my daughters wedding in '03

Wendy

How sweet it is.....what's your secret? Please share...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now it's my turn to show and tell....

I still can't believe he is gone.....

Irene I am so sorry to read about your loss! My thoughts go out to you, though in this picture you seem to have a lot of love surrounding you and that is what is most important to remember. And I love the family pictures as well.

Hugs

Irene what a beautiful family you have!!!! You must be very proud.

So sorry about your dad and stepmom. Isn't it wonderful all the technology we have to keep our memories fresh. Videos, camera's and so on.

Beautiful family Robin!!! You must be very proud. :lol:

Dillon is the age of our daughter. Well actually she will be 14 in a few days. I will have to show her his picture. She is always interested in a picture of a cute boy :lol:

Robin Posted 8 minutes ago

haha He was kind of mad that I made him take the pic today. We needed them for the swim club the kids are in. When he finds out I posted it here...I'm in trouble!!

I thought he didn't look too happy. I know the feeling RayAnne doesn't get too thrilled about me posting pictures either. Oh well it's moms privilege. :lol:

She used to be on a swim team. She finally narrowed it down to. Soccer,Vollyball, basketball & Track. LOL too bad she has nothing to do. :lol:

Irene, what a Beautiful family you have and you are a knock out yourself!!!

I love the picture of you with your Dad. I know that is one you will cherish for many many years. Look how happy he is to be so near you!! You are constant on my mind and in my heart!

Robin, What sweathearts you have!!! They are so gorgeous! My oldest son hate taking pictures now. I am glad I make him take pictures. If I did not, years from now when he have kids they would not know what he looked like as a teenager :lol:

Keep the pictures coming :lol:

Irene, what a Beautiful family you have and you are a knock out yourself!!!

I love the picture of you with your Dad. I know that is one you will cherish for many many years. Look how happy he is to be so near you!! You are constant on my mind and in my heart!

You're making me blush... <_< Thanks for the compliment. I really love that pictures of my dad with me and my sister. That was taken only this past June. Thanks for thinking of me an my family. I'm glad I have the wonderful hobby and this forum...It help to keep my mind off everything else.

Oh and Robin, you have a beautiful family. I have four children too. Love having a big family. They are grown up now but a day does not go by that at least 3 of them call me. We are very close.

I think we're pretty close too. I'm the youngest of 5 girls so I love big families too! In fact, we all live within about 15 minutes of each other. Christmas at my mom's gets pretty crazy will us girls and all our kids and even a few of them have kids! I wouldn't change anything about it!

• 4 weeks later...

The most resent picture is 2002. Tam, John, Me, Erik

The only changes are we all got a little older. :blush: Tammy has four childern and John and Erik are not married.

don't know how this happened but I thought I had it all figured out. Whenever I do I'll try to post it again

beth

003_1A.BMP

I wish I would have a professional portrait of my parents, my brother and myself but I don't. My brother committed suicide back in 1996 right around Christmas at the age of 38 years old and I miss him dearly. My hubby and I don't have kids and never had a professional shot done either but we really should. I really highly recommend it to anyone.

Katharina

I wish I would have a professional portrait of my parents, my brother and myself but I don't. My brother committed suicide back in 1996 right around Christmas at the age of 38 years old and I miss him dearly. My hubby and I don't have kids and never had a professional shot done either but we really should. I really highly recommend it to anyone.

Katharina

I'm so sorry about your brother. I agree having pictures of loved ones is so important even if they are not professional. It's always so difficult to get everybody together to get professional shots done. I did it with my brothers and sisters about 3 years ago and I'm glad we did.

I guess that I should have said that "professional" is not always practical but I still think that it nice. My family's problem has always been that we didn't like our picture taken, me being a guilty party of that statement as well. I have always based my reluctance on weight but now that I am getting older and look back at the older pictures I say to myself "I wish I could look like that again". Anyways, thank you for your kind words Irene, I do appreciate it.

Katharina

I had photos of my kids a while back but ended up deleting them to make more space. Anyway, I finally figured out how to resize my pics so here they are again!!

post-921-1161062239_thumb.jpgpost-921-1161062264_thumb.jpgpost-921-1161062281_thumb.jpgpost-921-1161062292_thumb.jpg

Brittany 17

Dillon 15 (well, in 4 days)

Jordan 11

Logan 6

Britt is a senior in high school...that kind of freaks me out a little! How is that possible?!?! Wasn't I just in high school myself??? Dillon didn't want his pic taken. He looks a little angry huh? He's a sophomore in high school. Jordan is my redhead. He's in 6th grade. He's also an actor. We'll get into that later on. And then there's my little Logan. He's in 1st grade. He's almost always happy. That little boy can bring me out of a blue funk anytime!! Well, guess that's it for now!

Since my wedding was just in August, I have a family portrait.

My parents, Steve and myself, my sister, Amy, my sister, Beth and her husband Tim and their son, Ian.

Excuse my father's sunglasses. He had shingles a few years back and has trouble with light sensitivity now so he always has them on. My sisters were our bridesmaids (no maid of honor) and my nephew was our ringbearer.

We got married on my grandmother's 90th birthday so we also have pictures of my father's side of the family gathered around her for her birthday celebration.

Now Steve and I need to hope for little ones of our own. Ian needs some young cousins. :yikes:

I have a request for a pic. I saw one somewhere on this site of a few of you Greenleaf forum members. You were at some function and wearing matching aprons. Please post the pic again and tell me who was in it! I love to put the faces with the names!

Robin I know that picture you are talking about. I think it is in Tracys Gallery somewhere. Maybe under team projects.

Great photo Carrie!!! I especially love the flowers!!!

Edit. Well I looked and can't find it.

Mini, mini thanks! They also turned out to be very nice people, too!

Nice Holly

You have lots to be proud of!

Since my wedding was just in August, I have a family portrait.

Carrie, Thanks for sharing your family portrait with us.