3/11/06 Family Pictures

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Pictures Everyone!!!

Holly your children are beauties for sure.

Teresa your family is beautiful also. I cannot believe that is your mother. You two could be sisters!!!

We have a dinner place similar to your Medival Times. Ours is the Dixie Stampede. It is more the North

against the South type thing. Racing horses and riding ostrich's(sp).

The food there is fantastic too. Everything is eatin with your fingers also and they give you a warm damp napkin to wipe off with after. Let me see if I remember, We got cream of vegi soup, a cornish hen and some pork tenderloin, those yummy cheddar biscuts like they serve at red lobster, a small ear of corn and a yummy apple turnover. Boy am I making myself hungry. LOL

http://www.dixiestampede.com/

Hey Teresa!! You added MORE pictures :( Your mom is such a gorgeous lady too.

Holly, I gotta ask you this... The kids look like bank robbers so did they rob the "Mom & Pop" bank? :p :wub: They are too cute. I am enjoying seeing the pictures of everyone too.

Suzy...that place sounds great too. Now I am gonna check the link you have there :o

You all need to just come down here so we can all meet. I live in the most visited national park in the country something like 16 million visitors a year. We can all go to the Dixie Stampede together. There are tons of outlet malls. Not to mention the beautiful Smoky Mountains.

You can rent a cabin in the mountains or stay at a 4 diamond B&B www.eightgables.com or the motel of your choice. Ha Ha Ha don't I sound like a borchure?

You two could be sisters!!!

I hate it when people say that! :( I don't mind if they say she looks 'so young' or what not, but that we're sisters makes me feel that I look 'older' than MY years!

We were in a clothing store once and this saleslady kept going on and on about how young my mom looked and how we could be sisters and how gorgeous she was . . . I eventually told her that she was insulting me and I left the store. I don't usually do things like that because I love my mom to death and she does look amazing for her years, and I'm very proud of her . . . but geesh . . . sometimes enough is enough!

Holly, I gotta ask you this... The kids look like bank robbers so did they rob the "Mom & Pop" bank? :p:D They are too cute. I am enjoying seeing the pictures of everyone too.

They get away with small amounts. Large amounts they must work for, ;) :blink: Joe doesn't really ask for much. This last year his visits have been sporatic.

;) Teresa, I gotta tell you a story that happened the last time my mom was here 2 weeks ago. She stepped out of the house and my neighbor saw her and so my Mom said hi how are you doing and the neighbor looked at her and said "I am so PO'd today" (this statement is cleaned up by me :p ) well, my mom did not know how to respond and just said sorry to hear that and walked on to the car and then I came outside and the nieghbor was beside herself cause she thought my mom was me. :blink:

Well she has been so embarassed she hasn't said much since :p I bet from now on she will "Look" at the person before she starts talking next time. :p

Suzy, I'd love to come to the smokey mountains (Mountains are so magical aren't they) :D

Sorry Teresa

I didn't mean to offend you.

Oh, no problem Suzy!! I was talking in generalities!! :blink:

I was remembering a time to when I went out with my youngest sister and we met some of her friends at the mall . . . they thought I was her mother . . . That means I would have had her when I was 9 years old!

I guess I must have some kind of frumpy, matronly look! ;)

There are tons of outlet malls

Count me in!! :D

Tracy, won't you be glad when you move into your new house! You won't have to put up with THAT neighbor anymore!! :p

I've got a story to tell. My son and I went to pick up some videos at the store one evening and you had to sign them out. The girl behind the counter was a girl from school that my son had just told me on our way there he had a crush on. He was in his last year of highschool at this time. As I proceeded to sign the videos out, she looked at my name and said "oh you must have thought that was a strange name when you married him?" (I have a really really strange last name) I took one look at my son and felt so bad for him all the while waving my arms and saying "no no no, I'm his MOTHER"

Needless to say, this girl was never mentioned again.

This is him and I at my daughters wedding in '03

Wendy

Handsome Guy too!! I LOVE seeing all of the pictures!! It's a Great way to get to "know" everyone too outside of the miniatures we all love so much!

Everytime I go to school to pick up David or meet his teachers or take him to a new doctor, someone always ask me more than once if I am his mother. When I say yes the next statement is, you look young to have a son his age.

I was 17 when I had him but what really gets me is when hubby and I and David are together, people assume I am the step mom (I am older than Chris too by 9 months ;)) but they assume he is older than me and so David must be my step child. My husband always call David his son (never stepson) and I think that is one reason why I love him so much. :blink: He always thought about how David would feel being called "stepson".

wenlaine Posted 5 minutes ago

That's a great picture of you and your husband, SuzyQ, and your daughter is so pretty. I think I mentioned that to you before. It just dawned on me why you named her RayAnne. Duh!!!!!

Thank you so much Wendy. Yes it is funny to see the lightbulb go off in peoples head when they finally figure out her name. Ray named her. He seen a license plate with that name on it long before she was born and said if we ever had a girl that would be her name. At first I wasn't so sure so we actually used it for her middle name, but ended up calling her RayAnne from day one.

Wendy, what a nice looking son you have . . . you must be so proud!

Well, Suzy and Tracy, I have you both beat, I'm 3 years older than Brian! :blink:

My husband always call David his son (never stepson) and I think that is one reason why I love him so much. He always thought about how David would feel being called "stepson".

Tracy, that's so heart warming! You know you've got a good man (or woman) when they treat your child like their own! My brother-in-law adopted my niece Chelsei when he married my sister and I'll always respect him for that!

Thanks Teresa, I am proud. He's now 37 and has been a minister for the United Church for the past 12 years. Happily married with two kids of his own. I've been blessed with a great daughter-in-law as well.

Tracy I know exactly what you mean. Bill adopted my son and always treated him like his own. I've always admired Bill for that.

Oh, I'm 19 years younger than Bill and he says even when I'm 80, I'll still be his young chick. He has a sick sense of humor!!

I keep trying to talk them into just one more

but son says no way!

other son has 3 more years of duty before he says he is even gonna start looking

and catriona better have a few more years on her before that.

the way we figure around here is that Catie and Jevin will both start families around the same time. and poor pixie will be old enough to babysit the cousins

which will be good at cousins camp. which is what I plan to do when I have more grandkids

1 week with all kids and nannie an papaw's

and ty for the compliments on our lil mini...we tend to spoil her a tad!

LOL

nutti :p

Now it's my turn to show and tell....

Here is a picture of my husband, me and my 4 daughters at my oldests wedding...

post-663-1158072458_thumb.jpg

3 of the girls are married now to wonderful son in laws, couldn't find a picture of them all together

I found one of sil's with my husband.

post-663-1158076041_thumb.jpg

And now for my prides and joy....my two precious grandsons..

post-663-1158072631_thumb.jpg

Aren't they sweet?? :D

Here is me, my sister and my dad who was tragically killed 2 weeks ago in an auto accident

post-663-1158073045_thumb.jpg

I still can't believe he is gone.....