Need Creative help!

cjack

I really need some help from all you creative members! I like to do a lot of hand made gifts and trying to figure out what to do with a picture of my moms cat Sheba. She (Sheba) died last month of cancer. Sheba was not very nice to most people, but she loved my mom. When my stepfather had a heart attack in their kitchen, Sheba is the one who got my mom and made her go to the kitchen. And after he died, Sheba watched my mom all the time. I honestly believe that she would have been one of those cats you read about who dial 911 to get help for their owners. She was that attentive to my mom. My stepfather died 8 years ago, so it has just been my mom and Sheba living together and my mom doted on her like a child. You can imagine how hard this has been for my mom to lose her. So, I only have one picture of Sheba and was thinking about doing something with it as a gift. The only thing I can think of framing the picture and imposing the poem of rainbow bridge on it. But then I was thinking that maybe I could ask you guys for help cause you all have such great ideas. Maybe it would help if I told you that my mom is a very active 80 year old and does not give in to self pity. She would enjoy something with some humor attached to it maybe more than the poem. So, anyone have any good ideas? I sure would appreciate the help. Thanks!

I have been trying to upload the picture but the file is too big and I can't seem to resize it to fit here. The picture is of Sheba sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor looking off to the left if that helps any. Thanks for any suggestions!

I personally don't care for the photos with the rainbow bridge poem or the footsteps in the sand thing. I think you would be better off to do a shadow box with a pic of the kitty over the fireplace and a mini kitty on a chair being served by a maid or something. A mini version of a room in your mom's house with the kitty as the centerpiece? Who wants to be reminded of the kitty as dead - make it a live kitty scene.

I had Corky make a mini version of my cat with needle felt. She charged me $35. to do this. I sent her pictures and told her how tall he is. I can probably give you her contact info if you're interested.

post-1004-1228305086_thumb.jpg

post-1004-1228305098_thumb.jpg

I think the room box idea with the photo framed over the fireplace or behind a sofa or something would be great! I had thought to do custom boxes with pets of the customers of my niece's grooming business, along this line, but when I though again it sound more like work than fun to do several. I was thinking of putting in a false wall with a window so there would be a view of the outdoors, a fireplace, maybe a chair and ottoman, table, that sort of thing. Maybe replicate part of the kitchen in the photo?

I agree with Deana about not focusing on death but remembering life.