No More April Fools Day Sales!!!

Minis On The Edge

Well, I called Dean today and he had just got off of the phone with Ernie. During the conversation, he said Ernie told him there will be no more April Fool's day sales!! I think I will have to call customer service to see if this is true! I trust Dean but.... Maybe he heard him wrong :banana: (I can wish right) :p I guess I had better get what I wanted now since there is no reason to wait now. I think I'll use that coupon that is in their latest catalog. I just can't beleive it :blink: I guess it was bound to happen one day huh?

Well, I called today and he had just got off of the phone with Ernie. During the conversation, he said Ernie told him there will be no more April Fool's day sales!! I think I will have to call customer service to see if this is true! :p I guess i had better get what I wanted now since there is no reason to wait now. I think I'll use that coupon that is in their latest catalog. I just can't beleive it :blink: I guess it was bound to happen one day huh?

....or, could that be the Fool's Day joke? Tell everyone "no more sales!" and then when April 1 rolls around, there it is, on the webpage, much like that other sale was posted the other day. Had someone not visited, we might not have known.

Ernie told him there will be no more April Fool's day sales!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Say it ain't so Ernie, say it ain't so!!!

Deb

Now that is just so sad, as it is always so much fun hearing about all the goodies people get and see those used in their scenes, houses and settings. Keeping fingers crossed though!!!

Hugs

Harry the HBS email guy says he has heard the same thing about the sale being canceled. He said that the official announcement hasn't been made, but that Ernie is really leaning toward calling it off, since they actually lose money during that sale. Maybe Ernie's just feeling the recession pinch and will change his mind come April. Hoping ...

:) Oh, there's going to be ALOT of upset people over this one. And that includes me. :(

Ok, guys, maybe...I know there was a problem last year with people trying to get 2 things, using the code from the catalog and then the online code. That might have had something to do with it.

Tracy, can Dean ask Ernie why?

Terri

I can see how a 50% off sale would cost them money. There isn't that high a markup on miniatures, and the regular catalog prices are already discounted plus there's the 10% discount for ordering on line. Moving a lot of items at a loss doesn't make much sense.

Ernie likes sales. I think we'll just have to roll with whatever he cooks up.:)

Let's enjoy what we have and not complain.

Ernie likes sales. I think we'll just have to roll with whatever he cooks up.smile.gif

Let's enjoy what we have and not complain.

I agree Kathie. I know he will have sales (He has ALWAYS had sales). But like everyone else, they feel the pinch too and I certainly know there is not much markup in minatures. I am happy to have had the sale all of these years though. Another thing I started thinking about is how so many physical stores have closed. We need to support our Online stores too. If we all wait to buy only when there are sales, we won't have them around long either. How long can they survive too? :) So I think I am gonna send them a "Thank You" note to let them know how much I appreciate all they have done for my Addiction...Errrr, Hobby :(

That's too bad that they may not have the sale. I understand, but I am still going to stomp my mini feet! (size 5) My daughter and I have a piggy bank that we put all our change in waiting for the sale. Problem is, we get anxious to order something and don't want to wait! Good for Ernie, bad for me.

Oh wow!

That's definitely a disappointment. But on the bright side, we'll have more money to spend at the Tom Bishop show in April!

Glad I got my QA when I did though... :)

That's definitely a disappointment. But on the bright side, we'll have more money to spend at the Tom Bishop show in April!
I don't know about you but I NEVER have enough to spend. The more I set aside for it the more I want and I still leave feeling like I wish I could have gotten that next item LOL.

Aww. Guess I'll have to keep a closer eye on Joann's online sales and Overstock.com if I want to buy a house. I didn't take advantage of the sale last year, but I did other years. It's a good thing we found out now, though, instead of waiting until April and no sale shows up. Then there would really be a lot of upset buyers.

I joined last March, so I didn't realize what you guys we're talking about.......so I was very much looking forward to this April. Was the half off sale just for houses, or any and all....and how long did it run? I guess it doesn't matter now, but I was sure looking forward to partaking this year....... :)

you could pick one thing from the catalog or online store and buy it for 50% off.

I too was looking forward to the sale.

That reminds me I still have not recieved the new catalog I have emailed them twice with my change of address and also made sure it was changed in my setting but no catalog yet. I was really hoping to get one before Christmas.

I can't even get the site to work and it's been that way for months. I can pick a category but it won't do anything else, no browsing or anything. I know I could call in an order but it's so much easier to shop online.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

I cant believe it. The April Fools Day sale is what all miniaturists all over the world wait for every single day of every year. Its like our major holiday that only comes on that one day. Its the second Christmas. Oh this is just so wrong.

This was going to be the first year I actually really used it for a dollhouse. I was going to get my Garfield then!

I just want to crawl into a cave and not come out.

This was going to be my first year, and I have been saving for it all year. Oh well, I guess I will just have to keep an eye out for the sales he sends through emails. I also haven't gotten a new catalog. I have emailed like 3 times and called once , but I still have not received it.

This time of year, I would not be surprised if the mail carrier is holding catalogs hostage! I have ordered some that should have been here 2 months ago and they JUST showed up recently and the dates on them are a month old. I complained about it too. My post office is horrible though :)