Idea's wanted for Display Case

Libby

I just received the 4-Plex Display Case. It was 50% off at HBS last week. Has any one completed this before? I'm thinking of creating a front door scene, living room, kitchen and laundry room. There is not much wall space so I don't know if I'll have a door to each room or not. I would like to put it on a turn table but if I do that, how do I electrify it? Is there a plug out there for turn tables? I'm looking forward to my first landscape scene. Does anyone have a how to or know a site with good details?

Thanks,

Kim

9995.jpg

I have always thought if I got a hold of one of those I would do a succesion scene like a baby room, then a grade school, pre teen then teen age rooms. something along those lines. I have never seen one done as a house only like Holly said showing different seasons of like a patio or outside scene.

as far as lighting I know next to nothing about all that sorry.

I have always thought if I got a hold of one of those I would do a succesion scene like a baby room, then a grade school, pre teen then teen age rooms. something along those lines. I have never seen one done as a house only like Holly said showing different seasons of like a patio or outside scene.

as far as lighting I know next to nothing about all that sorry.

Oh what a fabulous idea, you ladies and gents here are so clever and full of great ideas, I must start writing them all down in my little black book lol.

Cheers Debra.

It might be fun to do rooms in different colors .... red/pink, yellow/orange, green, and blue/purple

The same or similar rooms, like all parlors, all bedrooms, or different, like parlor, dining, bed, kitchen or bath. The doors could be false, just glued onto the wall.

All kinds of possibilities here!

I always thought it would make a great "Theater in the Round". Pick your favorite theater production or movie and do a different scene in each section.

Deb

I always thought it would make a great "Theater in the Round". Pick your favorite theater production or movie and do a different scene in each section.

Deb

[/quote OOOOoooooooh! Could you just picture four scenes out of the Nutcracker, or how 'bout Madame Butterfly? Gorgeous!

I would like to put it on a turn table but if I do that, how do I electrify it? Is there a plug out there for turn tables?

I have not used a turn table before, but have thought about it. My plan was to drill a hole in the center of the house/display to have the cord run through. That way when it spins, it should not get tangled up.

I like the look of this as a roombox on a turn table, perhaps a wedding vignetter os sorts, the bride getting ready, the groom getting ready, the church/wedding area and then the wedding reception perhaps?

Hugs

I love Ana's wedding idea!

I got one of these from the 50% off sale too. My hubby and I were trying to think of rooms from our favorite TV shows. We came up with the Ricardos' living room, the Tool Time set from Home Improvement, Arnold's from Happy Days, and then we got stuck trying to come up with a recognizable 4th set. I'll probably just do 4 individual rooms to display some of my really nice furniture pieces.

I was thinking along the same lines as the wedding idea, but with Christmas - wrapping the presents, decorating the tree, Christmas Eve - waiting for Santa, and after all presents are open on Christmas day.