I love lucy roombox

tracibobs

as its a nice saturday and im sitting on my bed watching my fav show of all time i thought how much fun it would be to do a room box of there living room. My one prob is its in black and white and i have no idea how to find out what the colors were but if i can boy would that be a fun project and cute once done hope i can find out what the colors of things were

What a COOL idea! I think the newer versions of the show where they move to the country are in color. Have you tried to imdb some images of the show? There may be some in color.

when they move the country are also in black and white. what is imdb?

Don't worry about the colors. I happen to know that they decorated the entire set in shades of gray so that it would film better in black and white. I read a couple of books about Lucy and the show.

I forgot, my mom had some things that were just or almost like some of the pictures in the Ricardo's apartment. Remember the oval 1960's Godey's print ladies on the wall near the front door? Mom gave them to me. She also used to have some small framed pictures of ladies in some sort of bonnets, though I don't know what happened to them. I've seen them on Lucy's wall too. The Ricardos had a pair of pictures in their bedroom, and we had a similar pair. The poses were different, but the artistic style was the same.

I just had to add on to this topic since you are talking about my favorite show of all time! So much so that I got my boys (now 13 and still fans) to enjoy it, too. We have all the seasons on DVD. Though they won't admit to their friends at school, they love all the shows, too.

I will tell you that I have gone to Jamestown, NY, several times over the years. My husband grew up in Buffalo, NY, and Jamestown - Lucy's hometown - is about an hour away. The whole town is LUCY! There is a museum that they recently renovated to include set adaptations, pictures galore, some of her dresses, and stuff to buy galore. In fact, I took pictures of the home Lucy was born in and the home that she lived in most of her childhood. One of these pictures is the main screen on my cell phone. My husband thinks I am crazy, but I contintue to ask to visit Jamestown pretty much every other summer.

As far as the colors of her living room, though, I think that they are just dull browns and golds from what I recall from the sets they had there. You could do a whole vignette of Lucy living situations - there's several in NYC, then Hollywood (wouldn't that be fun! That so-phony window set!) and then Connecticut. Maybe if you also googled the museum in Jamestown they would have some pictures. Did I mention there are enormous billboards in the streets of Lucy behind the vitametavegiman (spelling?) table, and her and Ricky and her and Ethel throughout the town? There is a Lucy Street, and pretty much anywhere you go things are named after her.

Can you tell I could go on and on here? I remember when I heard she had died. I was in a train coming home to CT from NYC when I read the news and I cried right there on the train! Noone noticed, though. That's New York for you!

But good luck in your boxes! I would love to see anything you do. Make sure you post!

P.S. - Sorry for going on here!

i would like all 4 i can see them all in a room box fred and ethel sitting on the sofa ricky in the chair from the desk like in the show and lucy standing at the fireplace in that dress with the flowers around the waist i'll have to see if i can find a pic of that one ithink it would be so neat to do

What a cute idea! I love that show, too. You could put clues from different episodes all around the room: a henna bottle: Bulldog Cement from her fake beard; the torn Bonus Buck; box of chocolates; etc.

oh i really like this idea alot i think after xmas i mights start drawing this up the room box and sizes and list of materials the wheels are turning

• 2 weeks later...