1:12 bikes at Ollie's

shamrockgirl18

thought i'd post this-

yesterday i was at Ollie's Baragin Outlet, and I saw little mountain bikes that were 1:12 scale. It even said 1:12 on the packages. I think they were 5.99 each, but I dont remember. I didn't get one because I didn't have a need for a modern bicycle, but I thought I'd share with you all.

I am also not sure how common the Ollie stores are, or if they all get the same stuff, but if you live near one, you might as well check it out!

Ollie’s Bargain Outlet is currently located in 8 states: Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, New York, and North Carolina.

Google Ollie store to find a store locator.

Ohh, maybe I'll run over to Ollie's this week and see. I love Ollie's. It's like Big Lots used to be. Big Lots has gotten slicker or something through the years. They don't have the "junk" that they used to have. I'll have to check it out next time I go.

Don't worry Sasha, we don't have Hobby Lobby or AC Moore or a ton of other stores. Our old Big Lots used to be a big hole-in-the-wall. It seems since they moved to bigger stores and opened more that they have more regular merchandise, not just the overstocks and store buyouts.

Ollie's is great if you're not looking for anything in particular. They have a really big book section with unusual choices. Last time I went there I got a cross-stitch kit for $2.99 when Michaels was selling it for $30 and a bunch of document frames that I've been searching for that usually sell around $40 each for about $4 a piece. They also have a large carpet remnant section. When I replace my living room carpet I'm going there. The store is a big hodge-podge of stuff.

Not over here either but When I built the bike shop for DH I used those finger bikes as most of the stock in there got some as a gift from a US friend and then I hunted the rest down on Evilbay...

Hugs

I wish they had one near me! My dh is a HUGE mountain bike rider. He does not complain about my doll houses, I don't complain about his bikes. He has our back room for his things...I kinda took over the rest of the house for mine. When he helped me carry the Sea Side Villa down to the living room, he asked if he could hang a bike on the wall in there also. Sure!! I wanted to do that in the back room anyway. Thank goodness he was teasing!

Anna, I would love to see pictures of your bike shop. I did not see them in your gallery. Does your DH ride?? He probably has heard of the Ice Man race - my dh just did his first one that last month

I have a few pics of the building process and the finished shop on my website

http://www.nao-mini.com/annas_miniature_bikeshop.htm and yep we are both sort of into te biking, DH has been the one riding races etc but nowadays he really hasn't the time to train to keep it up so we are having most fun riding together instead, both the mountainbikes as well as "road" bikes. As for the decorating, we have our two roadbikes as "ornaments" in the living room :D so I can really understand him wanting to hang a frame in the mini room.

I think I still have "some" spare parts in a box, ie wheels and tyres etc, will have to look into that before promising anything if you would like to have some to scatter about somewhere....

Hugs

I have a few pics of the building process and the finished shop on my website

http://www.nao-mini.com/annas_miniature_bikeshop.htm and yep we are both sort of into te biking, DH has been the one riding races etc but nowadays he really hasn't the time to train to keep it up so we are having most fun riding together instead, both the mountainbikes as well as "road" bikes. As for the decorating, we have our two roadbikes as "ornaments" in the living room :D so I can really understand him wanting to hang a frame in the mini room.

I think I still have "some" spare parts in a box, ie wheels and tyres etc, will have to look into that before promising anything if you would like to have some to scatter about somewhere....

Hugs

Hey that would be great! Maybe we can do a trade of things. I don't have much stuff in my 'ebay' box yet, but I can see what there is. DH did not just want to hang the frame, he wanted to hang the whole bike!! He had purchased a Rocky Mountain bike (VERY expensive) last year. Well, the knucklehead forgot to take the bike off the top of the car when he pulled into the garage! :evil: He ended up cracking the frame. That frame I hung up in our back room with all the bike stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I got 2 metal mountain bikes at a dollar store awhile back, and the 1:12 children dolls fit right on them. I had no use for bikes either at the time, but being a mini nut I scooped them anyway. They look nice in yards, leaning on the front of the house, or on a porch.