Floors for lighthouse

christinee

I'm working on the RGT Lighthouse for my Uncle for Christmas (the father of the cousin who recently was enthralled with my dollhouses). I need some ideas for the floors. I tried scoring the MDF to make it look like hardwood, but I didn't like the looks of it. I'm thinking of painting the floors to make them look like slate, but I'm not sure.

I was going to use printies, but with 3 floors it's a bit too much ink for me to use. Any ideas or suggestions as to what would look good for the floors in a lighthouse is appreciated.

Christine

Do you have a store like Hobby Lobby or Michaels nearby, one that has tons of scrapbooking paper? I've seen some nice stone/slate/brick sheets that might work, and they're not expensive.

Not sure if this is the look you're going for. But I made terracotta/quarry stone tiles for my fireplace. I used egg carton, brick colored paint (dry brushed with different colors to get some detail) and than semi-gloss polyurethane.

gallery_3397_2279_11267.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just an idea..how about checking out the paint chips at your builder's supply or paint store? They make some great ones that look like stone finishes now. When I couldn't find peel and stick tiles in solid colors,I used some in green to make my floor in my kitchen. I just cut them 1" square with my handy dandy paper cutter and glued them to a poster board template. I like how they turned out and you sure can't beat the price! I'm not sure if it's ok to post a photo here-someone correct me if I shouldn't, but I want to show you how they look...

100_4845.jpg

Notice that the floor is not completely stuck down here-after I saw the photo I had to do a little touch up-haven't added baseboards at this point, either.