Dremels in the SALES!!!

Liggysasha

Not sure if anyone else has asked Santa for a Dremel for Christmas... but I have! So I've very excited to see that Lowes and Home Depot have them in their Black Friday sales! Now I just need to print out this page and leave it where hubby can find it!!!

http://www.blackfriday.info/search.php?search=dremel

So I'm getting one!!!! Yeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

I've searched around and the BEST deal is actually on Amazon! $49 for the Cordless 800, normal price $130!!!! And the best bit is I don't have to go out to the stores tomorrow now -phew!

Here's the deal in case you've been a very good girl or boy this year and Santa is going to be nice to you - Amazon Dremel

Although we might go to Ace Hardware as they have the 150 accessory set for $4.99 (regular price $30)!

Ace Tool Kit

That was too easy!!! LOL You'll love the dremel, if you can ever pry it out of your Dh's hands! Men love tools, and insist on showing you how to use them 100 times before they let you play! LOL
DH has always left my Dremels alone, they're too little to picque his interest, I guess; but he nearly blew a gasket the day he came home and I was routing the tabletop I had cut on the bandsaw for the stringers I had cut on the bandsaw so I could attach the table legs I had turned on the lathe, since I got home nearly two hours before he did; it wasn't the router that upset him, I was using one of my Dremels for that...

Since then, though, he has come to realize I'm inordinately fond of my body parts and wouldn't dream of using even my Dremel without safety precations; and, as I reminded him, he had hovered over me every other time I'd used the bandsaw, lathe, etc, that I guessed I knew as much about them at that point as he did...

So it's ordered and has been shipped!!! Hubby has now told me that it's a 'joint' Christmas present for me and him!!! So I guess that means I'll have to share it... hmmmm....

Went to Ace today (nice and quiet) and got the accessory pack for $4.99. Pleased with it - now I just want to tool to arrive! I did ask if I had to wait until Christmas day before I'd be allowed to use it - he said he'd think about it! Oh well, he's not home during the day when the mail come, so I'll just open it myself!

Oh and we didn't get the cordless one in the end. When for the corded 300 series one instead. $2 cheaper, and don't have to worry about replacing the battery in a few years.

oooooooooo i have one on my christmas list from my partner (he likes to give 'useful' pressies)

But one question.....there are so many different ones!!!

What should we be looking for? whats the best? cordless? corded? different powers too...its so confusing

What should we be looking for? whats the best? cordless? corded? different powers too...its so confusing

I know I had the same problem! I've no idea what I will need! I went on Dremels website and looked at the different models and descriptions. I thought that variable speed would be important (the cheap ones have only 2 speeds). I couldn't decide between corded or cordless. Hubby said that cordless is always a pain - they don't hold the battery charge, so aren't ready when you want them, if you leave them plugged in it lowers the battery life etc. We also thought that we would only ever need it when we'd be here a power outlet. So that's why we went for the 300 corded (it's still the comfort grip style etc.).

I'm here to testify that the rechargeable Dremel Stylus lithium battery holds its charge for days and days, even weeks. I keep it on the recharger base, but with limited electrical outlets near by worktable, it's often unplugged. I've never had a problem with the battery running down, not even a noticable slowing.

I'll join the ranks of singing the praises of the Stylus. It's always charged and ready and boy, that puppy can rev up!! The adjustable speed is so easy to use.......just turn the dial. I absolutely love that thing.

On the subject of power tools, I think Santa-baby may be bringing me a mini table saw this year. Wooooooohoooooo!! Do you think that printing out Mapquest directions to Harbor Freight and leaving them on his pillow is too subtle?

Deb

I'll join the ranks of singing the praises of the Stylus. It's always charged and ready and boy, that puppy can rev up!! The adjustable speed is so easy to use.......just turn the dial. I absolutely love that thing.

On the subject of power tools, I think Santa-baby may be bringing me a mini table saw this year. Wooooooohoooooo!! Do you think that printing out Mapquest directions to Harbor Freight and leaving them on his pillow is too subtle?

Deb

Nope, not to subtle at all, in fact I think it is veeeery considerate of you giving Santa really good advice!

Hugs

Deb

When it comes to men Santa, no hint is too subtle!!! That sounds a great present!

I did really want the cordless one actually, but Hubby just refuses to buy them. so it was either the corded one or nothing!! So guess which I picked??!!