I'm stuffed

Hallowell

Yesterday we cooked 2 25lbs turkeys for a group who most likely would have had a lonely Thanksgiving alone, there was more food and goodies and I had to sample a little of everything last night :) . Now it's time to cook for ourselves today and I'm sooooooooooooooo stuffed from last night that I can't even look at food. OK, enough whining, time to put the turkey in the oven. :)

I am hungry! ROFL

Turkey in the oven

Tofurkey ready for it`s turn in a half hour

Sweet potatoes cooking for candied yams

Potatoes cooking for mashed

Brussel sprouts on the counter to cut

*stuffing and green bean casserole in the fridge for their turn*

Bruschetta and artichoke/spinach dip waiting for toasted baguette

cranberry chillin

Gotta start the wild rice for a warm salad

Am I forgetting anything???

It seems like alot of only us four but they are all in small dishes. Not huge Hungry Man size portions.

Nat is slicing the cheddar for a snack...wine and beer is chillin in the fridge along with the cider and nog.

Cool W-hip and pies are standing at the ready..

Did I say I was hungry?

Did I say I was hungry?? Oh yeah I did. LOL

Turkey is done and resting...tofurkey and stuffing is in the oven, potatoes are cooking.

How many in your group yesterday Greg? You and your are good eggs. Paying it forward is the best thing to do this year.

It was just my husband and I this year. He cooked a fabulous dinner of a small turkey, his own version of my famous apple stuffing, Hungry Jack potatoes (I lothe peeling potatoes), yams with marshmallows, gravy, pole beans, and two lovely can-shaped pieces of cranberry...one is cranberry jelly and the other is whole cranberry sauce. I gave up making all that stuff from scratch after the kids left home. I forgot biscuits and decided to forego the pies.

It was totally yummy and I'm as stuffed as a tick. I don't think I'll be hungry for 3 days!!!

Tomorrow I have to put away my Thanksgiving and fall decorations and get out the Christmas things. I made a table runner yesterday for my diningroom table with some poinsettia fabric I got an Joann's on 60% off sale!!!

The sales tomorrow are going to be fabulous. Now if I only had money!!!

It was totally yummy and I'm as stuffed as a tick. I don't think I'll be hungry for 3 days!!!

I told Fred not to bother me..he he he he...the baby is due! ROFL I said other things too but this is a family website..ROFL (other birth like phrases)

I do not mess with real cranberries anymore either. I used to make the cranberry sauce, hollow out tangerines, and fill them with the sauce. I was nuts! I was young. I am smarter now..LOL

The sales tomorrow are going to be fabulous. Now if I only had money!!!

A little itty bitty part of me wants to go out shopping today because of the sales (the avenue has a coupon for $5 sweaters!) but I am not. Nat has a large project on the Revolutionary War that is due on Tuesday and we are all pitching in to help her organize.

I was still full this morning when I got up!!

Last night I was putting away all the food and opened the oven and spotted the dish of sweet potatoes covered in melted marshmallows and they looked delicious!! I sampled them, then dug some stuffing out of the turkey cavity, then trimmed a bit of white meat off the turkey breast. Well, by the time I finished, I was stuffed AGAIN!! For the third time that day!!

Around lunchtime today, I decided to make a turkey sandwich and have a bit of cranberry sauce with it. I took the turkey out of the refrigerator and found the cavity where the stuffing had been was empty...guess my husband made a midnight run on the stuffing! Oh, well....that's good for my hips anyway!

I have half a turkey left, mashed potatoes, gravy, some beans, yams, and cranberry. So my husband can have a nice big platter tonight.