coventry cottage

ilovecats

My cottage arrived today!!! It reeks of cigarette smoke...but the kit seems to be in good condition. (the box was open but the sheets are still intact. I want to go dig thru this kit more! It's just such an adorable cottage :)

Congratulations ... you've got to be excited!!

About the cigarette smoke odor ... it's surprising how sensitive non-smokers' noses can be! :)

BTW, I'm a non smoker.

Susanne

Thanks! I was getting worried since i have been waiting for that kit. I still have other kits on the way, but am worried about the Glencroft as well, it sure seems like it should have been here by now B) Yes, ciggie smoke is soooo very noticeable to us non smokies :D I don't mind the smell of a cigarette when someone is smoking it...it's actually kinda pleasant...it's just when it "gets into things" that it stinks! Ah well, one of the other kits that i received smelled worse and it's already almost gone...i wonder if my house stinks now.... :) Marg

heres a trick I learned to get cig smoke out of thing. I learned this when I got a shippment of dollhoues furniture i ordred off ebay and it smelled horribly smokey.. Febreeze is your bestfriend, trust me it works SO well. just spray a few sprays of it on the wood and it will go away rather nicely. I'm so glad otheres are starting the CC too, I love to see different varaties of style people chose! im going ot be workig on my again as soon as i get home!

heres a trick I learned to get cig smoke out of thing. I learned this when I got a shippment of dollhoues furniture i ordred off ebay and it smelled horribly smokey.. Febreeze is your bestfriend, trust me it works SO well. just spray a few sprays of it on the wood and it will go away rather nicely. I'm so glad otheres are starting the CC too, I love to see different varaties of style people chose! im going ot be workig on my again as soon as i get home!

Ah! great idea! I head that stuff works great...i didn't even think about it since i have never tried it! I am hoping to do a neat exterior stucco type of look for the outside...kinda earthtonish. Someone posted a link for one that is ebay that has a similar look to what i would like to do...i hope that i can acheive a neat look like that house has! I have to finish one of my other projects before I can start the coventry :):)

I was looking thru the kit and the actual pieces don't smell very much like ciggie smoke...the shingles have got to go! They are way to thin and not worth the effort to use them. I have some birch veneer ones that are a smidge thicker i may use them or just buy something more sturdy :)

A Bounce Dryer Sheet placed in the box will also take away the smell. I, admit I am a smoker and try to be aware of the smell, and in doing swap, I place my items in a box with a dryer sheet and had a non-smoker "sniff" and she didn't smell the smoke. So I guess it works. Worth a try anyway.

Peggi