Been Working Hard on my Fairfield

Kitten

I'm just about done with the interior of the Fairfield. I have to admit that this house has been somewhat of a challenge for me, and I've made a few mishaps along the way. Overall, I'm pleased with how it's turning out, though I'm not sure I'll attempt another half-scale house again. The pieces were smaller than I even expected, so the build has been somewhat tedious, but also rewarding.

Anyway, check it out...pics are in my gallery.

The Fairfield is a nice house with good bones, and yours is turning out so well. That's the one that spoke to me and said I'd better get two, as it wants to become a Bar Harbor summer "cottage" and I'll need to bash two together. Having nearly completed my first 1:24 build, La Casita, I really like the challenge of working smaller. Since I make everything, this will prove interesting for the Fairfield, but I'm looking forward to trying. Of course, since it's you, I guess you know all about the 1:24 line of Bespaq...

Your Fairfield is beautiful! Where did you get the wallpaper for the master bedroom? I love it!

I have a Fairfield waiting patiently in the box (along with a lot of other kits :headhurts: )

Thanks!

The paper in the MB and the DR is broadnax. All of the other paper throughout the house is from Robin Betterley's collection.

The Fairfield is a nice house with good bones, and yours is turning out so well. That's the one that spoke to me and said I'd better get two, as it wants to become a Bar Harbor summer "cottage" and I'll need to bash two together. Having nearly completed my first 1:24 build, La Casita, I really like the challenge of working smaller. Since I make everything, this will prove interesting for the Fairfield, but I'm looking forward to trying. Of course, since it's you, I guess you know all about the 1:24 line of Bespaq...

Holly I'm really looking forward to seeing a bash of two Fairfields, and your idea to make it a summer cottage sounds very cool.

Yep, I know about Bespaq's 1:24 line...lol Though I haven't quite decided if this house will be Bespaq or mostly Robin Betterley.

Robin Betterley's 1:24 stuff is really outstanding, and Bespaq all gets to looking the same, if you catch my drift.

I agree with you about Robin Betterley's kits...they're wonderful!

I can't, however, agree with you about Bespaq furniture. I don't think it all looks the same at all, and I love the quality of it. Different strokes for different folks though... :headhurts:

don't think it all looks the same at all
I was tinking of the highly carved, twiddly detail of the Bespaq line, which is precisely what attracts so many people to it, and what sort of turns me off of it (it's the stuff that in RL I was never allowed close enough to touch as a child, nor was really all that comfortable to sit on when I was finally allowed close enough to do so). It is most definitely a matter of taste, and thank goodness for the miniature artisans that our tastes are so different!

All your houses are very nice! As for the Fairfield, it has such an elegance all of it's own, it looks great regardless of the furniture contained therein. Mine has the run of the mill Town Square minature line in it, and it still gets ooowed and aawed at.