Mom's recovery

Margaret

Mom is glad to be home but she is so frustrated at not being able to do what she wants.The muscles are very sore at times but I told to be patient-Every day a little bit better-She is doing her exercises at home.She doesn't have much of an appetite-I think the hospital food ruined it but she had a chocolate chip muffin last night and enjoyed it immensely.Continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.She has to go in twice a week for blood platelet testing while she's on her fragmin(blood thinner)and Monday afternoon she wants to get fitted for a pair of crutches.The walker is so awkward sometimes for her.

I completely understand her frustration. Unfortunately the road to full recovery can be long and painful. I hope everything turns around for her. Hopefully it will not take long for her to be able to do what she wants. And a walker can be very frustrating. My husbands grandmother needs one and she can barely walk without it.

IT takes a couple of years for all the healing to completely finish, and about six months for the "pull" to subside. Tell her how well she's doing, considering how long it takes, and offer to play cards with her, take her to the mall & rent one of those chairs, and spoil her rotten.

I can understand her frustration. There's a big difference between knowing logically that healing will take a long time and the illogic hope that it will happen in a fraction of the time. If your mum doesn't have the patience, Margaret, you'll have to have it. Keep in mind that one day she'll be right as rain and this will all be a blessedly hazy memory.

Haha! Poor you. I guess that I am kinda the same way really. I don't make a good patient. I hate waiting for things to heal.

Just tell her she is not a car who just got new tires and is good to go. :D

You can come here and talk to us when it makes you crazy, I'll be happy to have a cup of tea with you. And a donut. Hmm, maybe we should have a couple of donuts. Yep. :evil: