Dollhouse on the Twilight Zone

butlerestates

I saw an old episode of the Twilight Zone where a man would go to a museum every day and look at this dollhouse. He would sit and stare at it for hours. There was a doll that sat at the piano. The girl kept moving around the house and no one believed him. He eventually ended up living inside the house with her. I saw this as a kid and had forgotten it until I saw it again. I thought it was great, and my daughter thought it was totally creepy :)

Robert Duval was the actor.

There was another episode in which a man wanted to escape into a more peaceful setting. A war criminal, he eluded the police, broke into a museum, knelt down in front of his favorite bucolic painting, and successfully wished himself into it. Trouble was that in the dark he misjudged and ended up in a picture of the crucifixion. I still love Twilight Zone.

I also want to find out... remember the big dh for sale by Mott's a little while back, that was supposedly a prop for an aborted Alfred Hitchcock movie? WHICH MOVIE??!!! I'm dying to know about this. Hitchcock, dollhouses, HEAVEN!

If I remember correctly it was for a movie that was supposed to be made but then for some reason never was. I loved that house I must have gone to the website and looked at it a million times. I even made my husband look at it too!

I found this on imdb.com :lol:

The Twilight Zone

Season 4, Episode 8: Miniature

Original Air Date—21 February 1963

Mousie misfit Charlie Parkes finds the world unfolding before him in a museum doll house to be more real than his boring job and overbearing mother.

Next US airings:

Mon. Nov. 248:00 AMSCIFI

Thank You So Much!! Your Awesome!! Gotta set my DVR to tape it :D

I remember in the late 80's one of the dollhouse mfgrs. made a lot of movie houses. I remember the one from Psycho, Little House on the Prairie and Olson's mercantile were available for a short time. Don't know which company it was but they were kind of expensive so I couldn't get any.

I remember in the late 80's one of the dollhouse mfgrs. made a lot of movie houses. I remember the one from Psycho, Little House on the Prairie and Olson's mercantile were available for a short time. Don't know which company it was but they were kind of expensive so I couldn't get any.

That same company also made the house from It's a Wonderful Life. That one was on eBay a while back - not unreasonable, I thought, but out of my range.