Christmas recipes

Debz

Have read in another post about making fudge, it got me thinking about sharing some of our favourite seasonal recipes. I love cooking but always prefer to use a recipe that is recommended. What special something will you be making this year and how do you do it?

I make buckeyes every year. I like to give them to people in those holiday tins..(i have to buy some soon at Christmas tree shop).

Peanut butter Buckeyes

2 sleeves of graham crackers, crushed in food processor

1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter

1 cup of powdered sugar

3 tablespoons of butter or margarine softened to room temperature

(alternative ingredient: 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder if you want the centers to be chocolatey)

1 bag of chocolate chips

-Put graham crackers, peanut butter, sugar and butter in food processor. Pulse until it is all mixed together.

-Now these measurements are approx. so you may have to either add more peanut butter or add more crackers. You do not want it to be wet consistency but not overly dry. You want to be able to grab a handful and squish it into a ball easily. It is a trial and error type of thing.

-Cover a cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Form balls to the size you like. I make mine about the size of a jaw breaker. Put them on the cookie sheet and place them in the freezer for 30 mins to make them solid.

-Put chocolate chips in bowl (1/2 cup at a time) and microwave at 30 sec intervals until it is melted and smooth. If you do it all at one time, you can burn your chocolate.

- Get another cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Take balls out of freezer and dip them into melted chocolate and put on cookie sheet. When you have covered them all, put them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to set the chocolate.

You are done!

They can be served frozen, cold, or room temperature.