What a Trip

PATBIDLACK

I just rolled out of bed. No I mean that literally. I just rolled out of bed and landed on my face on the floor between my bed and my end table. It took a few minutes to extricate myself from the tight confines. Of coarse I had to hunt for my glasses (I'm blind without them) and crawl to an area with enough room to get up.

God I hate getting old and I hate stupid things like rolling out of bed in the middle of a dream. :p

Oh Pat, are you okay?? I've done that too and it's just so un-nerving to wake up with the floor rising to meet me. I hope you're alright and that there won't be any bruises or aches in the morning. <pouring you a cup of Sleepytime tea> See if this will help you get back to sleep.

Deb

Thanks Deb. I think I am alright but I a have a call in to the Dr. I am on caumadin (a blood thinner) and I want to see if there are any precautions to take. Probably the emergency room. Darn darn!

Anyway other than some scrapes and a bump on my forehead I am just embarrassed.

Thanks for the tea. It tastes wonderful, just like your beds.

Pat, you scared me there for a while, glad to hear that you are relitivley OK though, embarassed and bruised but still OK. Done similar things as well... I tend to move arond a lot as well when sleeping... :p

Hugs

Yeah, been there, done that. Not fun! It's hard for me too, because I have so little feeling from my waist to my toes, and limited movement, so getting back UP can be a REAL problem. I hope ou suffer nothing more than a few bruises!

That is scary. You are sleeping and dreaming and then BOOM..Cold hard reality of the floor. I hope you are okay too. I am praying you landed onto carpet instead of a hard wood floor.

Thanks for the tea. It tastes wonderful, just like your beds.

The beds are tastey? Are they crunchy?

LOL!! Sorry, I had to do that.

I hope you are ok. Good idea to go to the hospital, you could have internal bleeding from the bruise because of the blood thinner. How scary. I hope your bed is not high. You may want to consider lowering it if you can.

Pat, sorry to hear about your rude awakening this morning. Been there done that. Glad to hear I'm not alone in this embarrassing trip. I made the mistake of telling my best friend and after he stopped laughing he offered to get me a hospital bed with rails. Hope you remain okay...sometimes injuries aren't felt for two or three days. Take care.

You poor thing! Glad your ok. I know how you feel though I have a worse story! I got up in the middle of the night once to use the restroom and when I went to sit down I fell in the bathtub! Not fun when its dark and your asleep and I thought I had just fell in a hole. Not to mention it hurt like heck. :)

Pat, I keep a blanket on the floor so when I roll off the edge of the bed, I have a soft landing.........yes, it is tough getting old...... I don't know about you, but when I'm falling I look to see what I'm falling on now...hopefully it's not the dog or the cats!

Thanks for sharing everyone. I had a cat scan, everything is alright except the bruises and a few pains.

Pat, I keep a blanket on the floor so when I roll off the edge of the bed, I have a soft landing.........yes, it is tough getting old...... I don't know about you, but when I'm falling I look to see what I'm falling on now...hopefully it's not the dog or the cats
!

Wolfe I have this huge floor pillow(the kind you sit on the floor on) It is going next to my bed.

I landed flat on my face squeezed between the bedside table and the bed so now that table is going to move further away from the bed.

Also I am going to start out in the center of the bed. :)

Glad to hear you are OK. It was good to get checked out.

Sometimes if I get up too quick, I'm lightheaded and that's what must have happened one early AM cuz one minute I was on my way to the potty and the next I was on the floor underneath the sink with broken water pipes spraying water all over me. My head had actually broken the pipes when I went down. I had black eyes and tons of bruises after that one and a very irritated husband who had to trek to the basement to shut off the water main - not to mention the plumbing repair later on.

Getting old sure isn't for sissies - they were right on with that saying.

That pillow beside the bed sounds like a great idea. Be careful.

You poor thing! Glad your ok. I know how you feel though I have a worse story! I got up in the middle of the night once to use the restroom and when I went to sit down I fell in the bathtub! Not fun when its dark and your asleep and I thought I had just fell in a hole. Not to mention it hurt like heck. :p

This made me laugh. I'm sorry I shouldn't have, but it reminded me of how many times I have gotten up during the night to use the toilet and found out ,after having a good butt wash , that hubby left the toliet seat up again!!!!! Rita

The last time that happened to me was in my late thirties/ early forties, believe it or not! One thing you can do is to put your mattress and springs onto the floor and sell the bedframe on Craig's list, and store the unopened kits somewhere else. There was a nursing home I interviewed with in Jacksonville that did that, because they hated to tie the patients into bed or have them fall trying to climb out over the rails to get to the bathroom in the night.