Hello everyone...

Anne

Hello everyone!!!!

Nice to meet you all! I'm Anne and I'm from Europe, Austria! I'm into dollhouses and miniatures since I'm a little child! :p My dad built me my first dollhouse (for my little teddy bears) a long time ago. My second dollhouse was the victorian Playmobil one and I still love it! B) It's such a lovely house! But now I'm thinking of building a new dollhouse for my miniature family! I've got a "huge" miniature collection, dolls and furniture, but no matching dollhouse yet! :D But I'm sure one day I will find my perfect dollhouse kit! At the moment I'm thinking of building an own designed dollhouse. so.... maybe... ;-)

Most of my miniatures are made in "Art Nouveau" style (my favourite one)! I'm a huge 19th century fan. I also like the victorian, edwardian and the Addams's Family (how I call it) style! :blink: I would love to build a dollhouse like the manor in the movie "Casper".

My own house looks like a huge dollhouse too.... ...or that's what my friends say.... :D

So that's me! :D

Anne

Hi havanaholly!!! Nice to meet you!!!!! Craftsman styles? That sounds great too!

You all have such beautiful houses! Wow - great inspiration to me and my future dollhouse project! :D I really like the Greenleaf dollhouses .... they all look so awesome! And especially what you people make out of them!!! That's really cool! It must be years of work! :D I fear the Greenleaf houses are too small for me - too less space in the inside... :blink: ... I have such a lot of furniture... I fear I need a real castle for my miniature people! :D In Austria it's not easy to find dollhouse kits at local stores that's why I'm thinking of building my own creation.

So Judith likes the Art Nouveau Style too? Great! I can't wait to meet her! :p

Anne

WELCOME to the neighborhood Anne! I am in the process of finishing up one of my projects which is a castle theme LOL.

I cut all pieces from 1" foamcore last spring. I started paper claying it last week and I am almost finish with it (my goal to be finished is this Thursday :blink: )

Here is a picture of it as of last week:

I haven't taken any updated pictures yet (They are coming) :D

Hello Anne,

I am the Judith of Art Nouveau style. I also like Art Deco and Georgian. I am doing an Art Nouveau / Deco style Spanish Revival house. You can see it on my "irismarch2" website. It's the Thornhill kit from HBS.

We love to see pictures, if you have any.

Where in Austria? My great-grandparents came from Vienna, a most-beautiful city.

Keep posting.

:blink:

Hi Judith!

I love Art Deco too. Last year I've been to Chicago and NYC. I was fascinated by the old skyscrapers and their Art Deco inside, the golden doors and the old elevators.... so beautiful!

I live in Vienna in an old "Art Nouveau" house and I also have a small house at the countryside (Lower Austria). Vienna is a beautiful city. I like living here.

I don't have a digi cam but I have a scanner and an ordinary camera. I've taken some pics today... hope I can post them soon! :blink:

Your houses are really wonderful, especially the "Art Deco" dollhouse! I like the flagstones at the staircase... it looks so great!

Hi Anne,

Sorry for such a late "Hello" and "Welcome". I too would love to build a Casper type of house...or even a replica of the Addams Family house. It would be such a HOOT to have all sorts of nooks, cranny's, hidden rooms, ghosties, etc. What fun! I like the pictures of your work. Nice job!

Hugs,

Hi Anne, I had to tell you I love your photos.... the rooms are so warm and 'cluttered' (juset like home) I particularly liked the super wardrobe and the way you caught the reflections in the door mirror.... I am looking forward to seeing more

Mariaskid

Hello My Mini Shop, hello Marie and mariaskid!!!! Thank you for your kind words!!! :lol: I love your gothic Villa, Marie, aren't there any ghosts? :D

Your dollhouses are so wonderful too, mariaskid! I love the "scary" hallway and Augusta's room, where did you get this beautiful bed?

Hello luvmypoodle, nice to meet you too! I have never seen Anne of Green Gable. But it seems to be a sweet serial ( I visited the website - nice pics). As a child I loved to read and watch "Nesthaekchen" by Else Urys, don't know the English title (if there is one .... It's a German turn of the century story about a young rich girl growing up - the author herself died at the concentration camp Auschwitz ).

Hi Judith and thank you! :D The furniture would look better in a real dollhouse.... but I'm not sure if I have the time, space and money :D to build one at the moment. I've already designed a constructional drawing but I don't have a clue where to install such a huge dollhouse! B)