How far would you travel?

Hallowell

Sorry about all the repeat posts, for some reason my computor was locking up and I thought my post wasn't going through so I kept trying. LOL :unsure:

LOL, these things happen, been there, and Tracy helped me with the "computer hiccups" LOL

Hugs

We drove almost 2 hours (each way) to pick up two dollhouse kits. I got them for a good price. They ended up being junk after I cracked them open a few months ago. It was a nice drive tho.

I'd be willing to drive up to 3 hours to pick up a dollhouse (each way), if it was a hard to find or a beautiful house.

Hmmmm, I would love to come over the the US to stock up on things, thinking of travelling with a veeeery light clothing load and use that biiiiig suitcase, might be able to bring back a few of the smallr kits then??? :unsure:

Hugs

I agree Anna. You don't need anything besides a swimsuit and that would leave lots of room in a large suitcase for a great kit. It would have to depend on the house how far I would go. I have driven for an hour each way to get a kit. That would be the LaFayette that my mom is now building. However I would make the 2 day drive down to Florida to go to Ron's that everyone talks about on here. I would love to see it.

Repeat posts lol mine did the same just before I kept trying to get it to go through as well, I think it was the site not our computers, if any of the moderators can go and delete all but one of my posts on the wallpaper post I would be grateful.

Cheers Debra.

Some time next week I'll do a 4 hour round trip to pick up my 2 kits. Quite an undertaking for me, because I can't get anywhere without at least one involuntary detour.

Finding thin woods for furniture and/or a from-scratch build will also involve long trips. As it turns out it's not only Greenleaf kits that are hard to come by, wood is also a problem. I should pack up my cats and move to the States. :unsure:

I traveled from Tulsa to San Antonio to check out dollhouse stores there and one in Dallas. They were worth the trip. The shop owner in San Antonio told us that her and her husband have gone to England to shop for unique miniatures for the store. They had gotten some really awesome stuff :p

I flew to England this summer to be a tourist as well as check out a few miniatures shops. We started in London and I planned our trip to hit cities with shops that I'd read about in miniatures' magazines. I've decided that our next trip to England will coincide with Miniatura.

On a more local note, I regularly take the ferry (two hours) to Vancouver Island to go to the miniature shop in Victoria. There is virtually nothing for dollhouses in Vancouver.

...I would make the 2 day drive down to Florida to go to Ron's...
Two days'drive from Ontario to Orlando, FL? Good God, it takes us two-plus days to drive from North Florida (North of Tallahassee) to see our son in VA, just South of DC!