Jefferson owners: scan/ email instructions?

welcomehomeminis

So I got the Jefferson, finally, after scouring the world for it for about a month. I know, not a long time scouring, in mini-world.

I'm very happy, but there was a catch to that great price on ebay in the wee hours... no instructions in the box.

Of course, I didn't let that stop me. Not at $24.99!

I hope one of you kind Jefferson owners can help me out and either scan/ email me the instructions, or photocopy them and snail mail them if absolutely necessary. I know I can handle it without the instructions, but with would make me feel so much more secure.

You can leave a comment here and/or PM me if you'd be able to help me out. Thanks very much in advance! This is going under the tree for (me and) my daughter! :)

I have the instructions but my copier is out of ink. I've built four Jeffersons and the only tricky part I remember is the center divider and the second floor. It slides together and each time I had a problem with it so the instructions are a help there. Otherwise it's a fairly simple house to assemble. If I can get copies I'll mail them to you. I'll try and get them today and you can let me know where to mail them. :)

Pat and all who PMed, thank you so much for your offers of help! The earliest PM gets the worm, and (as I wrote to you on my way out the door) this morning there was an offer of help from someone who already had the instructions and schematics scanned to her computer.

Back home, instructions are printed and looking beautiful; now I'm just itching for the house to get here!

It is a simple little house, even a little awkward in its proportions. Maybe that's why they don't make it anymore, but that's exactly why I fell for it. It reminds me of the Federal-era stone farmhouses that dot the (urban sprawl) landscape around here, and the minute it gets here, that's exactly what it's going to become. I will post plenty of pix in my gallery as we go.

Don't forget the Dollhouses to Dream Houses Vol I. It shows how to add an addition on to the Jefferson and I believe it also states that although the instructions recommend it, the fireplace wall does not need to be installed prior to putting in the second floor. This gives you a chance to finish the fireplace without having to stand on your head because it's installed in the house.

Kelly,

LOL—I though from recent posts around here that I was just supposed to fan myself with the instructions? You mean I should read them? (And then carefully ignore the part about the fireplace....)

I think my local minis shop has that book. I'll have to look to see what they did to it.

Our current house has two scratch-built additions and takes up a monstrous amount of space, plus we've got a shop still looking for a permanent home in our little apartment. I think the Jeff will have to remain a simple standalone for space's sake, even if the 1795 farmhouse concept does allow for some later family adding on!

• 11 months later...
Pat and all who PMed, thank you so much for your offers of help! The earliest PM gets the worm, and (as I wrote to you on my way out the door) this morning there was an offer of help from someone who already had the instructions and schematics scanned to her computer.

Back home, instructions are printed and looking beautiful; now I'm just itching for the house to get here!

It is a simple little house, even a little awkward in its proportions. Maybe that's why they don't make it anymore, but that's exactly why I fell for it. It reminds me of the Federal-era stone farmhouses that dot the (urban sprawl) landscape around here, and the minute it gets here, that's exactly what it's going to become. I will post plenty of pix in my gallery as we go.

Sorry to ask this of everyone who answered Kelly's inquiry, but would it be possible to get the instructions for the Jefferson as well? I got the Jefferson through eBay, and until it arrives in the mail, would like to read the instructions before I open the box. Just so I won't get flustered. :) Am hoping if this kit turns out well for me, I might get another one (and apply an addition)...

Thanks everyone!!

• Like 1

• 11 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/10/2021 at 10:11 AM, natallie said:

I know this is old but there anyway someone can send me the directions for the Jefferson kit? Thanks

Same here, just got it but no instructions. If anyone has The Jefferson instructions please send my way also. Thank you!!!

• 10 months later...