1 more month/HBS contest

THmini2

One more month to go. I "think" I finished today. I think it needs one thing yet, in the landscaping. But I am satified on how it turned out. My hubby complimented me on it tonight. So at least I get one "vote". LOL. Taking the pictures might be the hold up as I want them to look just right to show all the work. This has been fun to work on as I did something different for me. Plus I made alot of the items myself. :)

How is everyone elses coming along? Has anyone sent in pictures yet?

I am finished but still need to take the pictures. I better do it soon as my sister Karen is threatening to take the house home to Virginia with her. Actually, she said she was taking all my houses back with her. Hmmmm....anyone have a big tube of super glue so I can glue my houses down before she gets here? Actually, I was thinking of letting her have the Adams house, I just wasn't sure if I should let her take it before the contest.

AWGHHHHHHH!!!!! still feverishly working....waiting on this to be delivered....waiting on that to be delivered.....but it's showing promise of being finished on time....I can't wait to see everyone's creations.....that's the best part of this contest......looking.......drooling......drooling....drooling....

Elicia

cold and wet in South Carolina today...where is my sunny south.....

The structure is built and painted... but still needs detailing.

The inside flooring, walls and ceiling are done

The lighting is about halfway done...

Most of the big interior pieces are about half put together...

I still need to do all my outside landscaping.

I know I won't have nearly what I wanted to have done by the end, but after the roof gave me trouble way back when I set it on a shelf and ignored it until after Halloween! So, it's no winner, but it's what I wanted it to be, so I'm happy about that!

Am hoping to have mine done by the end of this weekend. Have been adding aging detail to outer walls, moss on roof, adding more foliage to the landscaping.

The only major thing not yet done inside are the curtains; am waiting for an order of lace that should be here by Monday if not tomorrow. But the accessories are being difficult. I keep moving things around ... candles, vases, bottles etc ... and adding and removing them. It hasn't quite jelled yet, but I'm sure it will soon.

have furniture just need to accessorize and photogaph.

mine is definitely no winner but i had fun trying out new techniques with it and hey, i get a free kit for the next contest!

It is crunch time !! I just can't figure out how to make paint & glue dry faster !!!

Steve in PA

Hmmm, well do you have one of those clothes/wash electrical drying cabinets? THey are great to speed up the drying process, we have those in school for when the kid's jackets and stuff are in need of drying but they can also be used for the drying of painted objects and clay etc... :unsure: been there, done that

Hugs

4 weekends of worktime left!!! I'm SO excited! I just finished all my tape wiring and all the lights work! I only had to take up one tile and rebrad one cross-over strip... and now everything is working! I kept putting this off and putting this off because I was sure my first serious lighting try would fail miserably... I'm SO excited now!

How's are all the other procrastinators out there doing?

Hi Jen ... I seem to have gotten over my procrastination. Got the curtains done to my liking a couple of days ago. Am working on accessories now. Each little addition makes it feel more and more right. Today I'm redressing Marie Laveau. Gina did a beautiful job on her, but her headwrap and shawl have been bugging me a little since I know now more about what she would have worn than I did when I gave Gina the commission.

Update, 4:15 PM: Marie has a new headwrap and shawl. I made some gris-gris bags, a bedside table and dressed it, framed a print of the Virgin Mary for the bedroom, hung a shelf for a kerosene lamp, made a snake, added candles to both rooms. Phew! I'm tired! I should be able to take pictures tomorrow. Yay! :yes:

A general reminder --- at the end of last year's contest, Ernie said that it was difficult for them to see all of the details in just four 4x6" photos, so be sure to tell them about your special efforts so they'll know to look for and appreciate them!

My photos will be mailed today. I can't wait to see what everyone has done with this wonderful little kit. I really want to share my photos....but I will be good and wait a little longer! Good luck everyone who entered. For me, win or lose, it was a wonderful project to do. My sister Karen arrives this afternoon. We shall see if my Adams is still here tomorrow after she is gone. :)