Good thing happened today!

butlerestates

Ok so I got this idea from the radio. Don't remember which station, something on satelite. They had people call in and share anything good that happened that day from a wedding to cheap gas price no matter what it is if it made you happy surely it will make someone else happy too! Let's share! :wave:

Ok I'll go first! My Beacon Hill came in the mail and I bought the Orchid with a 40% off coupon and I had a $5 gift card! @ houses in 1week!! Now that's good news.

Now I can't wait to hear everyone else's :flowers:

My son and I baked some cookies and sent them to my husband as a little "care package". He's been depressed and lonesome there without us, and he misses my homecooking. He called me this afternoon and just said "COOKIES!!!"...lol They made it to his office, and he was really excited to get them.

Hopefully they brightened his day a little bit.

My little bits of joy were mini related. :wave:

I found some lace for Marie Laveau's curtains, and friend Gloria approved -- at last! G is my New Orleans advisor on Creole cottage details. I sent her a picture of the curtains I thought I might use, and her response was, "Send them back to the fishing boat and keep looking!" :flowers:

And when I went downstairs to work on the house, the lights worked! They weren't working a couple of weeks ago. I was going to phone Cir-kit Concepts for help, but didn't need to.

And I got the roof finished ... painted the slates, coated with matte-finish modge podge, added some "moss" with coarse model RR turf.

It was a good day, :D

This didn't happen today but I thought I'd share it anyway.

We've taught our new puppy, Katie, to fetch. It's a fun game.

The other day when I took her out in the yard to take care of her business, I decided to do a little weeding. As I tossed the weeds out, Katie would fetch them and bring them back to me.

My partner gave me a little bit of cash to do with whatever i liked :wave:

I came home with 4 lots of discounted sample pot paints, skinny sticks, balsa to build windows, MDF, foam and paint brushes, more glue and some christmas baubly things :D

Not a great haul but i now have everything to make whatever i feel like for my scratch Wartime house :flowers:

We decided and purchased a trip to the Canary Island (?) for the last week in February... It is a school holiday over here. Looking forward to that! Some sun, warmth and no need to think of what is for dinner of cleaning or things like that, bliss....

Hugs

I bought a set of Debbie Mumm Snowman dinner plates at a rummage sale today. There were only 8 and I need at least 12. Then I found more of the plates on evil bay so now I'll have my 12 - and best of all I discovered there are several other pieces to the set that I can work towards getting someday soon! Snowmen are my favorite Christmas decoration :p

I tried a new recipe for brownies and it came out goooooooooooooooooood. Unfortunately I don't have any Apple Pucker in the house and the liquor stores are all closed. Good thing the bars are closed too or I'd be bellying up to one and telling the bartender, "Make it a double Apple Pucker in a chilled glass. I brought my own brownies". heheheheheheheee

Deb

The lights in the Aster all worked when we hooked them in to a battery pack, yay!!!! WIll need to get something else as the light source soon, possibly later the upcoming week....

Hugs

We had really bad storms Friday & Saturday and when we got home we had three circuit breakers tripped, including the fridge, everything in the freezer ruined and our C-band satellite, the receiver, our TV and the phone & answering machine were all toast! The GOOD news is that it's all just stuff, and the house is still here! We've been watching the news from CA & it isn't good.

We did three paddles this weekend, one was beautiful and two were magnificently gorgeous!