My Dad-in-law passed away

Cricket

Hi Folks,

Sorry I haven't been around much (again). We put everything in storage, including my houses, and moved in to care for Greg's dad. He'd just been diagnosed in August with stage 4 lung cancer, and passed away Sat morning. This one moved FAST... He'd had X-rays in August last year, and although there was some scar tissue visible (probably from previous bouts of pnumonia & bronchitis) further tests then showed no cancer.

Right now,we have no immediate plans to move again, but eventually we will be moving closer to Greg's job. (It's a 2-hour commute one way from here) I've got the kids registered in school here, and I really don't want to switch them again. As far s "just to have" a plan of some sort, we'll probably stay here at Dad's house through the holidays. I'd love to go pull out at least one house (my Rutherford) and some of my minis, but there's so much STUFF here already (Pops was a packrat!) sooooo, it'll all just have to wait. :(

I miss you all, and I will be back eventually. I just haven't had much to contribute, most of all time, and without my minis or much else here.. well, let's just say you guys make me want to jump right into to my projects, and I can't. I'll pop in from time to time. :(

I'm so sorry to hear about Greg's dad - on the one hand, it was a blessing he went quickly, and on the other hand, it must have been a shock to you all.

You've had a lot of changes in your life recently - I imagine it will take you quite a while to take it all in, and feel "balanced" again. I'm sending you {{{Hugs}}} and healing energy. You and your family need time to be together, to grieve, and to accept what has happened.

Some extra {{{{{Hugs}}}}} for Greg. Thank goodness you were all there to look after his dad, and to spend that precious time with each other.

Maybe working on a dh isn't possible right now, but if you have some little kits - perhaps to make a plant or something small - dig it out and have a go. Mini therapy is always a good thing.

We'll be thinking of you Jeni, and hoping to "see" you here soon. :(

Sorry such a sad errand has kept you away, you've been missed, for sure! Rosalind is right on, find some mini projects, maybe making a set of dishes from paper, or stitching a little rug for your Rutherford, will keep you in the loop. definitely come play with us here when you can.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. And as far as not having anything to contribute.....it's not a bad thing to come in and "lurk" sometimes...sometimes just reading what everyone is up to helps bring my spirits up, even if I don't have anything to say :(

Jeni, so sorry for your loss. Just know that he is at peace now and not in any more pain. As for you, moving is never an easy or pleasant chore, but necessary. Good luck on your move. Peace to you for your FIL. Never regret the time you spent caring for him. I'm sure he appreciated it and passed on peacefully because of it. Hugs.

Thank you Everyone for your replies. I've passed them on to Greg, and we both really appreciate it. He is at peace now, and for that we are very greatful. His last few days were very hard on him. (And the rest of us) I certainly don't regret the time I spent caring for him, even while he was at his most cantankerous and tough to deal with. Quite the pistol, he was! He let us know, very ften, how much he enjoyed having his family with him, and how much he appreciated our help.

As for the house, long story there, but the frozen pipes are definitely someone else's headche. :(

Jeni, I am sorry for your loss and am thinking of you! It is never easy to let go, but you were there for him when he needed it the most!

Sending lots of hugs to you and the whole family!

HUGS