Fabric for wall paper

DinkyDigs

I've seen a few posts about this. It never occurred to me to use fabric on the walls.

What did occur to me was to photograph fabric and print out the pictures of it on card stock. It works great!

I make lots of doll clothes and have an extensive fabric stash! One of these days I'll sort through it all and photograph the lot of it! Since I started playing dollhouses my poor big dolls are being neglected!

Jean

Maybe your big dolls would like to play dollhouses too! They can help the dollhouse dolls - they can reach to dust the attic, or carry the furniture around to rearrange it. If they're involved, they won't feel jealous. (I'm only half kidding.) :wave:

I used fabric for wallpaper in my very first room box many years ago. I didn't have access to mini wallpaper at the time. For me, it is easier to use than paper. It is more forgiving and easier to get straight. It also comes in so many patterns. Whenever I can't find a mini paper I like, I go straight to the fabric stash. It can be used with just about any kind of glue and no problems with bubbling like wallpaper.

I usually put it on with diluted white glue. I think that kind of acts as a sealer. If you look at the unusual container section of my gallery you can see in the speaker box that is a kitchen, fabric that was installed back in the early 80s. It is still as bright and new as when I installed it. :congrats: