how soon do you put out your christmas decor

tracibobs

We'll we are a real xmas family have always been and with that being said nov 1st we start inside i have my tree up and will do it all up this weekend along with everything else out side jay and me will do the weekend before thanksgiving. The girls at my work think im crazy but i love christmas it brings back great memories and its the one time of year we all seem a bit more jolly and in high spirits. no mater how much money me and jay has ever had to spend on christmas we have always made sure it was fun and happy.

I'l post pics of my house when done inside i have 3 7-8 foot trees in my house to do yes i said 3 dont ask :)

One is our tree we put the gifts under

one is my grandmas white show tree in the front window

and last im embarased to say is our cartoon tree with all our disney, simsons scoobydoo, and comic book ornaments on we add to it everyear

Maybe i am a bits nuts but at least im a happy nut :D

we've gotten so busy with work in the last few years that Christmas has become "lite" and we've done less decoration around the house. The sons have gotten older, so the magical Santa stuff has diminshed, but we have more yummy cooking/midnight Christmas Mass/ see old friends activities. We have tons of beautiful glass ornaments my in laws gave us being stored in the attic. I try to pull down maybe three boxs of them each year to hang on the tree. This year we have 5 indoor female felines who will certainly influence the holiday in negative ways. Old Bill boy, who lives in the basement, will be excused from accusation.

ahhhhhhhhh the 1st of december is as long as i can wait but i see thats a monday this year :(....ooo well looks like its going to have to be 29th november :worthy:

Woohoo my house always looks like santa's grotto :) only 3 more weeks till i can do it :D

We've been traveling over the past few Christmas holidays, so decorating was definitely light. This year we'll be at home, so I'm going back into "normal" mode, which means decorating starts the weekend after Thanksgiving, when the tree goes up. I have a lot of ornaments from ancestors, so decorating the tree is a real stroll down memory lane. The angel on top of the tree is the angel on top of my first Christmas tree. My mom stitched my initials and 1941 on the back of her skirt. She's a little worse for wear, but she rode high on the tree at my parents house until they passed and then came to me.

We won't do much outdoors. Lloyd bought a real Charlie Brown lighted tree on sale a few years ago that he proudly stakes in the front yard. It looks goofy yet festive, and he love it. :)

Most of our gifts have to be mailed. Believe it or not, most of them are bought and stowed in my closet. One day soon I need to pull out the bags and boxes and start wrapping so I can do a detailed inventory and be sure we haven't missed anyone. I'm feeling like Christmas already, and it's not just the canned music in Walmart.

My parents made sure my birthday (December 13th) was not influenced by Christmas. Therefore the tree never went up until the 14th.

I don't decorate for Christmas because it is just me and well the dogs - they don't appreciate it so why bother. I get enough of my Christmas fix at work.

If I find something I think someone would really like...I get it for them and give it to them just because. I don't feel I need to wait for the 25th of December (mostly because I can't wait to see their reaction!!!!) I celebrate Christmas all year long.

I decorate the day after Thanksgiving and take it all down on New Years Day. My entire life that has been the routine. My birthday is January 6th (my dads was Jan. 5th)and my Mom wanted all traces of Christmas gone before then.

We usually put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and then have the rest of the house decorated within a week of that.

I always start taking down all of the Christmas decorations the day after Christmas. By then I've had my fill for awhile & just want my house back to normal before going back to work.

Usually I start decorating for Christmas the week-end after Thanksgiving. This year however, I may do it early as two of my sisters are coming down the Sunday before Thanksgiving for an early Christmas. I just think I should have something up. My son is still not sure at this point if he will be able to be here for Christmas. If he can't make it, it will be my first year without him and that will make it a very sad one. So, let's keep our fingers crossed!!

We always started decorating the day after thanksgiving and would get it all done that day or the day after... This year I am pulling stuff out now and we are putting things up slowely... Lst year we did not get it all out so I want it all out this year.. so starting a little early.!

Kellee

We no longer decorate for Christmas because we're so seldom home any more, but I do set up a creche. I grew up in a traditional household where the tree went up Christmas Eve and came down on Epiphany (1/6); but when our kids were small I'd start with the tree the weekend before Christmas. I also have a calico wreath a friend made me that I hang on the front door when we're home.

this year will be our 2nd christmas as a married couple and our 1st in our house so it will be a good one i still have halloween up thats coming down this weekend. Ill be away before thanksgiving so black friday i will start with the outside stuff and some inside stuff but the tree will have to wait since hubby wants a real tree but i cant belive how soon its coming :blink: :yes: :)

I bring everything up from the basement - tree, ornaments, all decorations, during the afternoon of Thanksgiving. And I re-arrange the living room to accommodate the tree. Doug then assembles the tree. The following three days I decorate the tree and put up the decorations. This year will be a little different. Pinecones will replace much of my previous decorations, and wooden ornaments I have made using Fluffy, my scroll saw. I try to make two to four ornaments a day and have been doing that since April of this year. They are stained and varnished, and ready to hang. This mornings newest one is a lovely fretwork ornament that says Noel amid holly leaves and berries. There are many animal ornaments representing the wildlife of Montana along with 3-day type ornaments in fretwork. I've also made a card holder basket that is quite ornate. That too is all fretwork. And three "signs" that can be put on our wreath, in a window, on the tree, etc. They say Merry Christmas 2008, Season's Greetings and Joy. I have four more to make! Silent Night. Joy. Another Season's Greetings. And Happy New Year.

Doug's birthday gift to me has proven to be one of the joys of my life and I am proud that it is in my living room, and that it is not just sitting around gathering dust. Well, it does gather dust, but I keep that pretty much picked up. I have the joy and delight of making truly hand made gifts for our house this year.

Wolfie I do hope you plan to share lots and lots of pics with us of your tree with us, it sounds divine!

As for us, we have the advent lights in the window sills and the outside tree up for the first of advent, then around the 13th we usually bring out a little more as it is the Lucia festivity over here, and then around the 20th most of the actual Christmas decorating is going up, but I do change the kitchen curtains around the same time we get those lights up fior the windows....

Must admit to loving the lights involved in it as that is what is most warming I think, all those windows with warm inviting lights in them...

Hugs

Typically, Eric and I start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving, once I've recovered from Black Friday. Looking at my work schedule, I'm working all that weekend, so our stuff will come out sometime the first week of December. I can't wait! I love decorating, and I can't wait to see everyone's holiday eye candy!

I haven't decorated for Christmas in years and years because I've always had to work the holidays except the last 2 years, but when I did decorate, I always ended up doing everything the day before Christmas. Get the tree, do the presents, all of that. Then because it went up so late, that's when I actually started feeling "christmasy" and I'd keep the tree up all January. That way I had a holiday feel for the whole month on the new year and I always felt so bad for other people because everyone else's Christmas seemed to be winding down while mine was just starting.

I'd still do it like that if I had a reason to decorate or anything. But as usual, I'm working for another open 24/7 company again. You can always tell the "rich" people - they work for businesses that close for holidays. *sigh*

I put up our outdoor lights and wreathing the weekend after Turkey Day. But like Shar, I don't decorate until the weekend that follows the first week of December to avoid Christmas-ing my tyke's b-day. So it has become a big deal that we go tree hunting the weekend after her birthday. But I don't go crazy decorating, Halloween is really my Xmas... I've got 10 boxes of Halloween decor to maybe 3 boxes of Xmas...