See Us on TV

The show was taped yesterday & I am told that everything went Wonderful!! Thank You Marlene (username Chikzilla here on our forum) for pulling it all together dear!!

Betsy Niederer (IGMA Fellow see her CDHM Store here www.cdhm.org/user/kachookie) & Rep of CDHM is the one who was in front of the Camera. She made some exciting Miniatures some in 1" scale and some in a larger scale using Martha's Punches. It will be aired November 11th & 12th but you must check your local listings for the station & time. In Wisconsin, it comes on at 11am on channel 12. My house & furniture has 2 shots on that segment and We are all thrilled here at Greenleaf to have had the opportunity to work with Marlene of CDHM (Custom Doll House Miniatures Owner) Kerri is also an IGMA Fellow and made a wonderful gift for Martha of her beloved dog PawPaw that died (You can see her CDHM store here www.cdhm.org/user/kpajutee ) Sandi Also made a Gift for Martha which is a basket of her unique tomatoes that Martha Grows in her own garden (She is an IGMA Artisan and her CDHM Gallery Link www.cdhm.org/user/naturesminiharvest ) Greenleaf gave each audience member a Storybook Dollhouse kit to take home with them and I was asked to create the Prop for the show. Of course, we are all very excited about this and hope you all are just as excited to see our favorite hobby all featured on Television in front of so many Non miniaturists. This is a album of the house I did for the show that was used as the prop:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=2144

It is so amazing what everyone created on such a short notice. The others had about 6 days to create their wonderful gifts and creations. I had 24 hours to do what I did and I am so happy we were all able to get it done.We should have a Martha Stewart Party that day here on the forum!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be watching!

OMG! Tracy...You did THAT in 24 hours?? Can I have whatever you are taking that made you make that incredible dh!

Did you get a shout out for your work on the house on Martha??

No shout out but, Greenleaf & CDHM did get one and I can be found on both sites. :lol: Martha Knows I did it though and they all have my card and some pictures of my work so that can see what I can do when I have more time alloted to create a prop :)

OMG! Tracy...You did THAT in 24 hours??

Tracy is Super Woman. I'm pretty sure that she could build a house in 24 hours, while baking a cake, giving the kids a bath, doing twelve loads of laundry, washing the car, knitting a sweater and doing the shopping. She is woman, hear her roar. :)

I gotta find which station it's going to be on here and set my DVR for it. This is one show that I absolutely cannot miss!!

Deb

I would love to see this so I too hope it will end up on youtube or a DVD or something like that...

Great work Tracy, you sure you don't have one of those hourglasses that Hermione used in the HP series???? :) Sheesh you are a fast worker and makes sucha wonderful mini home from this sweet little kit!

Hugs

Wow, that really is awesome!

I don't think Martha's show is on cable, by the way...here it's on a regular network channel...so check. I rarely watch daytime TV but I'll make myself a note to try to catch this, for sure! :)

Type in your zip code in this link to find out your local times.

I am amazed that I was able to get it done so fast too. It was just the right day & right time to ask for it. I did pray for Super Powers that night :) . I found out about 5pm and I was cooking and doing homework with the kids. I did not start on it till 10pm and at 4am, my husband said "Enough dear" get some sleep. I got up at 7am to take the kids to school and finished and took it to the pack n ship place and it shipped that day!!

Before I had Graves disease, I worked like that all of the time and I worked a full time job so it felt good to be able to do that again for once. I had not done anything like that since I had Sarah (7 years ago) I have been wired since cause it has been something else needed every day and to see so many artisan's work so hard and get things done in such a small time frame it makes me proud of our Passion/hobby.

I think I'll bring sugar Cookies shaped like a storybook to the party :D

Wow Tracy - what a great looking cottage!

I had to read the posts twice to absorb that you did it in 24 hours. WOW! The bricking and parging and the mossy stuff on the chimney and the line head and everything - what detail!

And what the heck did you do the roof with? It looks like so much like thatch, which is so time cosuming to do even if you cheat....I'd take me a month to think of all that much less do it.

Susan in Fredericton, NB

I shall have to find out when it'll air on C-band, we get it on transponder 604 on the digital Discovery satellite. Tracy, I'm so glad you were up to snuff. What a much-needed exposure to spur a resurgence of interest in our hobby.

Wow Tracy - what a great looking cottage!

I had to read the posts twice to absorb that you did it in 24 hours. WOW! The bricking and parging and the mossy stuff on the chimney and the line head and everything - what detail!

And what the heck did you do the roof with? It looks like so much like thatch, which is so time cosuming to do even if you cheat....I'd take me a month to think of all that much less do it.

Susan in Fredericton, NB

:) Susan, I did the Yellow house for the Martha Stewart Show. I only used paperclay on the porch & Bay window area on that one :D The other one is a bashed story book cottage that sold 2 weeks before we got the call.

Thank You all for your sweet words! Really I am so excited about this. I never would have guessed this was even gonna happened and can't wait to see it. :worthy: