The begining of the end...

c4cache

:) Good for you!! I got started by my unknowing husband who told me to go ahead and buy all the ones I wanted when Hobby Lobby had them all at 50% off. "You can just sell the ones you dont want to make" he said. "But I love them ALL!" and so none were ever sold and I keep adding to them. And I don't know what the heck is wrong with the freaks in my life but everytime I build something everyone is like "Oh thats so cool are you gonna sell it?" This just makes me SO mad! NO It's mine I'm keeping them. Would anyone ever say "wow another baby, are you gonna sell this one?" No so that's how I feel about my houses. My husband knows how I feel about this so he doesnt even suggest such a thing anymore and he stands back from the line of fire when he hears someone else say it! :D So now that I have seen how many everyone else has I feel great to be around people who get it!

50% off? I'm scared of that sale, I know what will happen, I can see it now: me, 4 carts, filled with dollhouse kits, people staring at me at the check out counter because I have that glassed over look in my eye :) ......yep, not gonna be pretty. :D

:) My oldest daughter was with me and was embarassed! I had to have a guy who worked there load them up because some of them I could barely lift. But it was a happy happy day! They only have the sale once a year. But they don't have any houses anymore at our store that I don't have already

Rebecca, I had the same problem with my husband because I used to sell mine at shows until I got burnt out and realized that I had very few of the ones that I had made. I almost quit for a couple of years but never quite. When I started full steam ahead again, he started asking that question and the other one that miniaturists hate"How much do you think we could get for that?". I quickly put a stop to it. I told him that it is MY HOBBY just like golf is his! Yes, I kind of yelled a little. I told him I would start selling my stuff when he started selling his golf clubs and stopped playing golf........He hasn't said another word! :) I think I finally got through to him!

I'm trying to stick to one project, but I'm having trouble. I spend most of my lunch break sketching details, calculating the number of bricks and woodframing needed, etc. for the modern Tudor I'm planning for my daughter. The only thing keeping me from buying the plywood base and loads of miniature lumber is the knowing that I will need to finish and sell my first house if I'm ever going to have the money (or have the space) for another one.

Taking on the remodeling project I just finished was precipitated by the need for more money to complete the MacKenzie. It killed me letting my house languish while I worked on somone else's house for 2 1/2 years. But I still have half a dozen ideas for new houses:

1/2" scale cut-away model of the U.S.S. Constitution "Old Ironsides"

Doll house version of a Florida beach house with big windows, porch and tin roof

1/2" replica of an actual log cabin in North central Florida

Another Victorian

NY style brown-stone.

Castle tower keep

Living in a mobile home, space is a big factor. However, I don't let it hold me back!! I have not counted my houses for a long time. Put it this way, every inch of space is utilized!!! I amaze myself when I go looking for something, I can play with my minis all day!!! And still not find them all! What awesome therapy!!!!!!