do any of you buy from ebay?

nursedebbiepink

I am an ebay buying fool and have been for years. Prices are great right now, that is if you happen to actually have any money to spend. Take a close look and ask questions if you are not sure about the size or what something is made of. Get some books (amazon has a huge selection of used books) so you will better know what you are looking at. People here are an excellent resource for prices and quality too.

If you want to decorate just one house or start a large collection my advice is, start small, choose only thing you love. Remember not to go crazy, there is plenty out there and you do not have to get everything all at once. Most of all have fun!

Ebay is dangerous, but also fun! I've found a lot of good deals on there, just have to stay away from the bidding wars, I tend to get a little intense... :doh: . There are a lot of good internet sites to go to also for minis. HBS (miniatures.com) has a lot of great minis. I've also shopped Dejoux miniatures, Manor House miniatures and New England miniatures. I am also working on a wish list from dollhouses and more. I'm sure I've missed some other great sites, but I know others on here will share their favorites also!

In the past I've bought a lot on eBay, including a couple of houses. But I'm staying away from it for now.. I've got loads of stuff that needs to be either built, rehabbed, or placed into one of the houses I already have. When all that is settled, then maybe I'll go back... :doh:

I used to buy form ebay. I will admit I still look and it has to be something I REALLY want and can't get anywhere else before I will buy from ebay now. I would rather buy from an online store and get a few things I want ( no store either) and know I getting them and only pay for shipping once. The handling fees people are charging is outragous too. I also seem to have a lot more bad sellers recently so it's just not worth the hassle.

I get 95% of my stuff off ebay. I am addicted to it. Just compare prices with other places and watch the shipping cost sometimes they get you with that one.

I dont have anywhere close to me either so I have to by online. Sometimes I sit for so long just buying and looking at minitures that I forget about everything else. Oh and one other thing I always make sure to read what scale it is. Sometimes people put that its a certain scale but the measurements dont agree. Ask questions before you buy much easier than returning! :doh:

I have bought a few things and found a couple of great online shops that I now by from.

I haven't bought anything from ebay for a while because I have been able to find what I from online shops for the same price or less once you include the shipping, which I have found cheaper than what is being charged on ebay.

I don't have a mini shop near me.

OMG, do I ever!!!!! I LOVE ebay . . . I have found SO many incredible pieces there . . . often, pieces that I would never find anywhere else such as vintage pieces, one-of-a-kind artisan pieces, etc. . . I don't mind telling you that I couldn't achieve the look for many of my finished miniatures without finding those special "perfect" items. Another great benefit of ebay is that I often find a favorite (new) artisan on there - I recently found someone making GREAT curtains, and while I didn't think any of her offerings on ebay matched the house I wanted curtains for, I did think she could make me some that would be perfect. I contacted her, and we worked out my curtains perfectly. I am very happy with them and would not have found her if I hadn't been cruising ebay. Of course, I also scour the Goodwill store, yard sales, miniature shops, other on-line sites, and Craigslist for finds. Let's face it . . . everywhere I go, I look for minis!!!

As mini shops over here are few and scarse so to speak, I love Ebay, if for nothing else all the inspiration one might get, and sometimes "ohhh, I can make that" etc etc, but yes I do use Ebay for things I can't find over here, make myself or trade for :( or have wonderful forum members help me find :blink:

Hugs

In the past I purchased several mini lots and one dh kit on Ebay, but I haven't purchased anything from Ebay now for probably six months. Over the past two years (when my mini obsession really kicked in) I purchased so much from Ebay, Craigslist & online mini shops that I have an over abundance of stuff and need to get it all organized because I frequently now find myself spending too much time looking for something I know I have or I purchase something just to come across that same thing in my stash of stuff later.

I'm on Ebay everyday looking and quite often buying. I bought my Beacon Hill, Monroe and another little house that I don't know who it was made by. I've bought many furniture and kits. I've also found that the sellers I've dealt with to be very nice! :blink: