Oh no the basements falling. . . .

Corwin

I am building an addition to support the arthur add on, I need it to be removable, and still sturdy, there is no support underneath no way to do so, any suggestions I am building this from scratch, so any and all ideas/diagrams are welcome.

Built a frame with four sides and add cross supports underneath, like a real house. When even I build a house in sections I do this. It is a good place to bolt the parts together. It is actually a good idea to add extra support to most houses.

Dowels cut to fit like supports in our old basements of centuries past? We lived in a house once that had brick and morter posts....square. I've also lived in homes that had round columns as well. If it were me Corwin, I would just build the basement and not attach it to the house at all, but have the house just sit on top of it like a base. That way you could move it....and you can disguise the thing with landscaping, etc.

I have had an idea for a while now... but I cannot find a table suitable.!

My idea was to....... sit the house on a table and cut out a opening for the stairs .... then under the table fasten a box(roombox) type thing underneath the table as the basement...

Does that make sense?

like the tabletop would be the ceiling for the basement,the box of course would be open in the back, or maybe some sort of cabinet... I really have not thought this thru completely..

Kellee

ok sory to cufuzle you do you see wher ther e is a bit of a dip, I will be building a room box, attache dto that that room box has to support a n arthur and accessories , it will also be a wine cellar and house aunt Marge's cage, I need it to removable, so i can get behind it but still be sturdy. with out support from under neath.