Just joined

Hi,

Really happy to be a new member. Great talent here.

I design and build miniature diners and drive-ins in 1/2", 3/4" and 1" scale. I cruised the diner scene back in the fifties and sixties and really enjoyed a fun era. I'm sure there are many folks on this forum who remember the sock hops, Elvis and real chocolate malts. I'm looking forward to having fun here. I am posting a few photos of my diners under"General Mini Talk". Hope you enjoy as I will have fun viewing what others have posted.

Diner Fan

I've seen your diner pictures and they're amazing! I haven't seen anything like it and I'm in awe! :D

Wanted to pop in here and wish you a "warm welcome"!! :lol: It's nice when someone can add something new and fresh!! :D

<nodding in agreement> I'm not sure I have words to express how awesome your work is. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing with us!

Deb

Hi Diner Fan

Welcome to the forum. I already replied to your photos - Wow! Awesome work!! I tell ya I could see a wall callendar with some of the great stuff I've seen on this forum and at shows - garages with cars in the middle of being restored, fishing shops, Diners.. It's great to see some 50's style minis around. :( - Classic!

-David

I'm right there with ShakyShaky...not old enough to have been there:( but I LOVE the era...Classic is perfect!!! And you have done an awsome job at bringing that all to life in those miniatures...you'd never guess they weren't real!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi diner fan,

I love diners!!!! Please email me privately so I can talk to you about them? I am new on this group and I just love miniatures! I have been collecting for over 30 years! I have lots of dollhouse dolls I am selling or trading from my collection.I have been doing it for over 8 years now in order to help homeless animals and feed mine!LOL!!!! I look forward to getting to know you all and all about your miniatures!

Lorrie miniature1@earthlink.net website- http://www.home.earthlink.net/~miniature1