Ordering Wallpaper

Connor's Mom

measure the height of the walls, if you plan on using the border either top or bottom it will not effect how much you need UNLESS the wall is taller than the paper then you will have to add to the top or bottom this will take more paper.

Next measure the length of each wall if its 8 inches deep you will know you need at least an 9 inch wide piece for each wall. You will need at least 1/2 inch for overlap in corners.

If one sheet will not cover the wall you will have to overlap each piece so figure in an inch for the overlap. Most times it will be less it just depends on the pattern. (when doing your overlaps start from the back and work your way forward so that the seam is not as apparant visually.) I would also order a couple extra sheets for mistakes, and for making coordinating items in the room Hat boxes or what have you.

I have never ordered wall paper as I make my own by printing it out, or I use scrapbook paper But if I was going to order it I would do it the way I mentioned above.

Rhonda

Three sheets is the universal guide, but measure your room to make sure that will cover it completely. Also be sure to check the measurement of the wallpaper in the description on the website. Every now and then you run across a wallpaper sheet that's not as long as most others. And rooms like the living room of the Beacon Hill take more paper because of the angles to the walls. Don't forget to measure inside the bays and add just a tiny bit to wrap around the edges of the bay walls. The border doesn't make any difference unless you're doing something tricky. I always order one extra sheet in case of an "ooops", which do occasionally happen.

Deb

Yes, 3 sheets is a good "rule of thumb", but I always get a few extra, especially when I was first doing this with the Garfield and wasn't sure how the glue would hold, and all that. And paper does tear, or the glue "messes up". I usually get 5 sheets for larger rooms, 4 for the smaller ones.

I got with three sheets for each room as well if Im buying real miniature wallpaper.

When I use scrapbook paper, I buy four sheets for each room and sometimes five depending on the size of the room and the size of the scrapbook sheets. Its always best to buy enough to have extra rather than be short because if you go and buy the same pattern again later, the dye might look a tad bit different.