A weekend visit to my parents' netted some great new tools!

I went to my parents' house this weekend to celebrate my Mom's birthday (it was actually Halloween), and while visiting, my Dad loaded me up with some more GREAT tools for mini work. He gave me several special TINY drill bits, a flexible shaft tool, a dremel with a chuck instead of a collett, special magnifying safety glasses, an incredible tiny, lightweight but real drill (actually made for the aircraft industry), and several other great items. He has been supplying me with awesome tools for quite some time. One of my favorite (ever) tools he gave me was a miniature table saw that he designed and built expressly for miniature work. It is FANTASTIC, and so precise it blows my mind! One of these days, I hope to have a real shop work area to put all these great tools to their best use!

gallery_2243_2156_56787.jpg

You obviously had a super cool Dad, too! Mine tickles me because he looks at stuff available to buy, and decides that he needs to build his own. He has had articles in Popular Mechanics before, about making certain tools. His are always precision-built, and built to last! When I was a kid, he held "shop Sundays" for any of us kids that wanted them. I always loved "Shop Sunday" and I learned SO much!

What a great dad! I get lights all kinds from his work that they are about to throw away sometimes it's a blessing others it's a curse., i am the more apt one at building. ;)

A girl can never have too many tools. I use my DH's tools but I also have a set and then I have my dh tools which he doesn't use. When we married, we had 2 of just about everything, then I got into minis. Woohoo!!

Isn't it great when things like that happen? I too am blessed with "fathers" (as in my father and my father-in-law) that are really into tools and appreciate the tings I make when using them, my FIL even allows me to use his own workshops that holds a lot of tools that go vroooom... Me like that that LOL :blink:

Looking forward to hearing and seeing what you make using your new "toy"

Hugs