a really good consignment day!

bookmarm

;) I went shopping for some dressy clothes yesterday and found some treasures! I'm not a dressy dresser (I live for weekend work at the library when we can wear jeans from goodwill), but we have a family wedding in two weeks that's followed by dinner and dancing. Also have a black-tie event coming up the first part of December. I have only vague ideas idea what that one involves (hubby has it easy). Anyway, I checked my two favorite consignment spots and found all sort of goodies! I love a bargain! Found two dressy outfits that may need a little tailoring (I can do one, but the other may need some professional alterations). One outfit was 1/2 price (woo hoo! $11 !!!). Also spotted some soft blue leather slip on loafers that turned out to be Kate Spades...also 1/2 price at $20). Gotta very pretty silk Talbots dress for $15 and some big girl black heels that I THINK I can stand up in for a few hours for very cheap (I'm a 'flats and sneakers' gal). I also grabbed up a lovely brown brushed corduroy Liz Claiborne shirt that looks so much like suede and feels heavenly. Man, I do love consignment shops! Don't ya'll?!

Wow! What deals! I used to shop consignment shops too. And loved my bargains.

My favorite outfit of all times came from a consignment shop. It was a pant suit in soft rayon in a pale pale bluegreen background with white, blue and fushia flowers on same, put together with a white silk top. Thepants had button cuffs worn with 5" white heels. It was a fabulous outfit about 20 years ago! LOL But I loved it, and kept it for many years.

Oooohhh..I LOVE consignment shopping!

I'm having a ball down here in south Florida exploring all the Goodwills, consignment shops, etc....

We went to a wedding about 3 weeks ago and I had gotten an outfit awhile back that was a two piece set..pants and button down loose top...a pants set...dusty mauve silk..Talbots....for $6! Never worn!!

Most of my wardrobe is Talbots....I adore their styles, craftmanship, and colors...and I never pay full price...and seldom sale price. Most of my wardrobe is from Goodwill. No one can believe it! Clothing, shoes, accessories, outerwear....all Talbots and all from Goodwill!!!

And household things....I can get lucky and get fantastic things. Last week I got a Hummel figurine for 79 cents. Yep, 79 cents! A year ago I got a $120 mahogany jewelry box lined with velvet for...two dollars! ($2.00) It needed several coats of orange oil, and the velvet needed brushing. It's gorgeous!

My husband is always amazed at the finds. But, as I tell him, it's like a treasure hunt for me!

Sally, you and I could be shoppin' sisters! I grew up with only brothers and occasional wonderful hand-me-downs from stylish older female cousins. I LOVE LOVE LOVE consignment shops! I love Talbots stuff, too. Liz C. fits nice as well.

i looooove dollar day at the salvation army! i can't even begin to mention all the great buys i've ended up with and the majority of them were brand new! my friends and i look forward to going "hunting" lol!