New Project

Jeffrey

So after seeing Monica's flea market haul I was inspired to make a christmas gift for my Oma. (Grandma got the ice cream shop this one is for my other Grandma) Every year my sister and I make butter cookies, gingerbread houses and chocolate chip cookies with Oma and the oven and fridge ornaments inspired a kitchen roombox.

gallery_1884_1845_33788.jpg

So I ordered them and I am putting them in the Basic Room Box Kit by Houseworks

along with the Faux Marble & Beadboard Center Island

and this sink

with the Gingerbread House on Doily

and the 12 Chocolate Chip Cookies on Tin Baking Sheet

Im going to use the Tan & Black Diamond Tile Sheet and a black and white diamond patterned scrapbooking paper as wallpaper with wainscot made from skinny sticks.

I already wallpapered but I always mess up the corners. Do you think this corner post technique by Diana M. will look OK in a kitchen with a 50's flair?

gallery_2631_2124_31348.jpg

And will everything I have listed above work well together? I dont want to buy stuff that wont look good together. My main concerns are the appliances, sink, floor and island colors working well together. Let me know!

Thanks,

~Jeff

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeffrey, I think it's a great idea.

But what about black and white checkerd flooring?

Well, wait til the items come and see what you think but, I think it sounds awsome!

Val, I think they just call them "ornaments" but they are far too heavy to hang on a tree and they are 1:12 scale. They have no srting to hang on a tree.

I think they were actually meant to be miniatures because they hook up to a mini light system.

Go figure...

They have no srting to hang on a tree.

I think they were actually meant to be miniatures because they hook up to a mini light system.

I think yours may have been customized because from the look of other ones they have a little loop to put a hook on and the stove has a light strand plug in the back. yours also has different potholders and towels.

the fridge takes batteries

Jeffery, where did you get the ornaments? They are wonderful! I want some too!!!

2007 Holiday Fridge

2004 Christmas Cookies

or here

http://www.ornament-shop.com/product.php?itemid=1040310

http://www.ornament-shop.com/product.php?itemid=1070615

You can get them there, ebay, or on other sites but they are very expensive. Bargain hunting is recommended. :p I got my stove for $80 because it was in a damaged box.

That is so cute, I'm sure your Oma will love it. The stove smells of cookies? How cool is that!

I kinda thought the same about the floor being black/gray and white, rather than brown and white. But as Monica said, you should wait and see what they are like when they arrive.

Well the wallpaper is black and white, and the sink is white and the island is white with a faux marble top which is similar in color to the cream/tan color of the appliances and the floor (which contains black). so the colors are black white and a cream/tan. think that will fly or will they all screech at me?

I missed the stove, but I got the fridge last year - I was so hoping they would make the sink this year. I don't know what happened - every year there are at least ten, usually a lot more ornaments I want to buy, but this year I couldn't find a single one I liked.

They are both Hallmark ornaments from 2006 I believe....I have one of the fridges in one of my miniatures.....it's not actually 1:12 scale but can be used depending on what you surround it with.....

Elicia

Freezing in South Carolina.....

They are both Hallmark ornaments from 2006 I believe....I have one of the fridges in one of my miniatures.....it's not actually 1:12 scale but can be used depending on what you surround it with.....

Elicia

Freezing in South Carolina.....

the fridge is from 07 and the stove is from 04

I love seeing your project they are so cute. I love the fridge and stove. The kitchen will look wonderful. Your Grandmother is lucky that you are making such wonderful present that highlights the wonderful time you and your sister had making cookies with her.

i have decided to go with this sink instead of the one i have listed above. i think it looks better with the stove and fridge.

http://www.dollhouseminiatures.net/product...roducts_id=2408

i also have finished one wall and will post pics once the glue dries and i can take off the weights.

I decided to do a small window so i had to add in half the punch out from the window hole. I also decided to do the high wainscot paneling so I wont have to worry about the patch.

I sprayed the skinny sticks white and will touch them up once they are all glued in. let me know what you think and how it looks so far.

gallery_1884_2403_1376.jpg

gallery_1884_2403_3412.jpg

gallery_1884_2403_17933.jpg

sorry for the poor quality but i only had my cell camera at the moment