I'm So MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay

I really think my head's gonna explode!

I purchases an item off of evilbay as part of a halloween costume back on Oct. 1st...kept waiting and waiting for the item to arrive....seller kept promising and promising it would be here in time for halloween....supposedly the originial shipment was stolen/lost what have you...then I go to ebay this evening to prepare writing him a nasty little note telling him I don't appreciate being jerked around and my stuff better be here YESTERDAY....and what do I find....

HE'S NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER ON EBAY!

ARGGGGGGGGGG! :thumb: :woohoo: :note1: :yikes: :note: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

So I've filed a dispute with paypal and we'll see if I get my money back (anyone know if you can typically get your money back?--I've never had to file a claim in the almost 8 years I've used ebay....) If I don't...it's not a big deal...12 bucks...but still...the principle of the matter.

What makes me the angriest is now I've got to find a replacement item in the next three days--which I was barely able to find on ebay to begin with and I NEED to finish my halloween costume....

ARGGGGGGGGGG--seriously....there's steam coming out my ears and my nostrils are flaring I'm soooooo MAD! Maybe I'll just wear some horns and go as a raging bull if I'm still this ticked on Friday!

Did you pay through Paypal? Because if you did, you're in luck - you will get a refund and probably sooner rather than later.

I had the same thing happen to me - it was just a $5 picture but I was pleasantly surprised to find Paypal had credited my account back. Then I had someone default on a $35 model horse. This buyer was still registered and I had to wait a month, I think, and I had to contact her (I had a list of all the emails I'd already sent her), then Paypal had to contact her. She never replied and I did, after a couple of months, get my money back. If you didn't pay with Paypal, I don't know what will happen.

Russ bought a silver antique coffee pot this summer, it took the lady over six weeks to send it with many excuses. When we got it in the mail the handles on each side were broken off and it was dented. The box was in perfect condition so she sent it broken. We took pictures and filed a dispute with PayPal. We did get our money back but had to pay to ship it back to her. So we ended up losing over $25 on the deal. So beware and be careful, you don't always totally win a dispute.

My son lost $50 on evilBay. He had ordered a gift for his wife, and the guy who was suppose to send it, took the money and ran. Sadly he did not use Paypal and lost his money. I have never shopped on EBay, and after hearing many times how people were treated, I probably never will.

EBay can be evil.... :thumb:

Thanks everyone for the replies....I had just found out last night and DFH (that's dear future hubbie) was sleeping and I needed to vent.

I usually only buy two things off ebay...minis and historical (period) costumes....both of which can be a small small world seller wise on ebay...which thus far has proven to be quite successful as I had never had a problem with a seller before.

I consider it lesson learned...thankfully it's a twelve dollar lesson and not a FIVE HUNDRED???? Meleah...is there no way of pressing criminal charges for that?!?! I'm sorry for everyone else that have been ripped off by ebay...

Now I feel bad since I'm only going to be out twelve bucks at the most...

Oh and as for what I was looking for...it was a specific stuffed plushie version of Stewie from Family Guy cartoon...yeah..it's a long story. I think we'll be okay with a substitution but it's annoying nonetheless as I can be a bit of a perfectionist sometimes and when things aren't going exactly like I think they should...it sets off my anxiety issues...LOL!

Hmm.... Stewie IS a tough one to find. Do you have a Suncoast (if it hasn't gone under near you), Spencers or Hot Topix? Some of the music stores also carry those more TV-oriented toys.

Sorry about your rotten luck - Paypal will be good about a refund, they are very protective of buyers, moreso than sellers, IMHO.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think those are stores that are typically found in malls? I will have to see if there are any malls near where I live (No...I don't know LOL...not a mall person..heh)

I've never had any bad problems with ebay. Only little stuff like people not sending things out in a timely manner with no explanations. But I've gotten EVERYTHING I've paid for or gotten a refund...that one was where is seller was going thru chemo for cancer and something happened, don't know if she got really sick, but I think she passed on, and I got my refund without having to ask and before I started getting bothered by how late it was. I knew her situation.

You should have no problem getting your money back...I would NOT use anything but paypal to pay for things on ebay. That way you are protected. And always buy the insurance if it is available.

Terri

ps I like Stewie too.

Dear Future Hubbie and I were going to be Peter and Lois...and there was a particular sized Stewie we wanted to use so that he looked to scale...

ALWAYS WORRYING ABOUT THINGS BEING TO SCALE! LOL!