Newly designed Game tables

Shelly N

Hi Everyone, I am very excited about this one! I have helped to design a table that has an area in the middle where you can put tiles, a picture or a piece of needlework into it.

What do you think?

post-72-1224812686_thumb.jpgpost-72-1224812678_thumb.jpgpost-72-1224812671_thumb.jpg

Next to come will be matching pole screens, fires screens and a folding screen.

Okay, I really like it.

You could do like Holly said and put a checker/chess board design in the middle. Or chinese checker holes in the middle (with the design), backgammon, green felt for card game .

If you did that, I can bet I would not be the only one who would want one.

Emily/fov did a mosaic tabletop that is gorgeous:

table_tile02.jpg

:p Yummy!!!! Shelly, see what you have started huh???? I can hear my HH starting to DEMAND one of these... Might haven have to created a sunroom of sorts to house it...

Hugs

I originally wanted one because I am doing so much needlework right now. You all have seen some of my french knot stuff. But, now I am thinking of doing some of the ideas you all have come up with and am in fact looking into some of them right now.

I can't wait to see the other items also!....I stained the prototype but it would be fun to also hit the apron with acrylic colors.

Shelly, I was thinking that if you petitpoint (or knot) the Chinese Checker top you could skip every other stitch in the star to make the depressions to hold your bead "marbles". Also if you used a different angle on the frame you could make a hex or octagonal top for poker, etc.

Shelly, I was thinking that if you petitpoint (or knot) the Chinese Checker top you could skip every other stitch in the star to make the depressions to hold your bead "marbles". Also if you used a different angle on the frame you could make a hex or octagonal top for poker, etc.

Excellent idea! Yes, the size of this table works for 2 people. It would be to small for poker etc.....