A New "Baby" on the way!

what2craftnow

I'm so excited!! After 6 months of missing our beloved furbaby Gotcha, we are finally getting a new furbaby to love! It was quite by chance we came across him. I was looking on the internet at nextdaypets.com (had never even heard of the site and found it by accident, or karma :) ) I had just gone through all 9 pages of German Shepherd puppies, and this little guy was not there the first go-round. My DH (who had just come home and was curious as to what I was up to) sat down next to me and wanted me to go back to the first page so we could look through again. Lo and behold, this little guy was 1st on the page, was very reasonably priced and was only about 5 hrs. away. So we called the woman in Iowa and she laughed. She had JUST put his picture on there and had walked away from the computer when we called. I think it was meant to be!!

So we are driving there on Sunday to pick him up. He's about 5 months old already and would have been sold long before now but apparently he only has one...hmmm, how do I say it delicately, well it isn't "2 ears or eyes", if ya know what I mean :lol: ..he has both his ears and eyes, but got shorted "elsewhere" :p - which apparently made selling him for full-pedigree price impossible. Heck, we don't care if he's "all there" or not! LOL We're not quite all there either. :( At any rate, I just had to share my news - I'm fairly jumping outta my skin and can't wait for Sunday. It will be so nice to have a furbaby in the house again..it's been so empty without one. So, here he is (these are pics she sent us). Ain't he cute??

Ohhhh Chris I am soooo happy for you as well as your new little fella', he looks adorable!!! I can just picture those puppy/teen puppy plays :) and they are definitley a lot of fun.... :p He will have such a great home to come to on Sunday!

HUGS

:p Esther....I'm sure DH would have asked for shots of that, but we females just aren't that interested :):(

Anna - I have been thinking about the "puppy/teen" issue...I better get about putting everything I value up and out of the way or risk total chaos :lol: I'm sure he's gonna be a handful, but it will be fun.

Yep, puppy proofing a house is important for sure! LOL, we had a time when Trixie was a little pup that it was normal to place the shoes on the hat rack/shelf instead of on the shoe shelves.... :) But that only lasted a few months until she learnt that shoes weren't supposed to be throphies brought into her bed and slept upon, she didn't chew she just collected them :p Slightlty annoying when you stood in the hall in a rush realising you only had one shoe and having to retrieve the other one from under a playfull pup...

Hugs

How wonderful to hear the patter of four "little" paws again, congratulations!!!! If he was shorted in the area I am thinking of, I hope you plan on having him neutered. Do not want to be negative or frighten you but just FYI. What ever remains and or did not descend can cause him problems in the future (cancer). We occasionally see this in our rescue dogs and our consulting vet is a real nag about it. Have your own vet check him out just to be sure. Other than that he looks georgeous and I applaud you for giving this youngster a loving home.

Anna, I remember well the shoe issue (although that goes back to my previous yellow Lab days - somehow our Shepherd was never a "chewer", never lost one shoe or sock to him), but not foolish enough to think I could be that lucky again :)

Bev, thanks so much. We plan on having him neutered pretty quick. I just think it makes for better dogs if you are not planning for puppies later, and in this little guys case, I wouldn't want to risk his future health for any reason. He's too darn cute, and we already went through horrible health issues with our Gotcha from displaysia and finally cancer, so whatever we can do to prevent, we will stay on top of. I applaud you for work with rescue dogs...I wish we could have found one through that program. So many that need loving families. Shepherds just seem to be a "trickier" breed to place because of their size and bad rap, but they are such sweeties when raised properly.

:) Hi Chris, so exciting to be getting a new "baby" Just wanted to say I got my Springer last March from next day pets. No problems what so ever. I live in NJ and she came from Missouri. They flew her to me. Yes my pup was very reasonably priced too even with the shipping. Have fun with the new pup!

Since you're having him "fixed" I'm sure the vet will hunt for that which hasn't yet descended; 'way back in antiquity when I was a young teeneager we had acquired my stepsister's poodle and my stepdad decided to breed her to see if it would calm her down (it didn't, but THAT's another story) and she had a litter of six, five of them brown. One of the males didn't have ANYTHING "there", but friends of my dad's wanted him, anyway. First thing they did was haul him in to a vet's and get the contents put into place and he went from being a dainty little miniature brown baby the color of fresh cinnamon to being a big brown bruiser of a dog with a perm.

OMG Holly...a brown bruiser with a perm..too funny! I'm thinkin' this guy with (or without, kinda like ordering a sundae :) ) is gonna be a bit of a bruiser - just no perm, then I'd have to call him Curly or Buttercup...I can just see DH calling out the door for ..Buttercup :p

Another furbaby goes to new and wonderful home! And how handsome he is despite his "shortcomings!" I know you're going to have fun with this one, you can see it in his eyes and the way he holds his head. How wonderful for all of you! Congratulations!

Michael wants to call him Chase (?) - I myself want to call him Bear, but we may be stuck calling him Beta, as the family who raised him thus far has called him that, and a lot of other names too according to the lady on the phone :( (should I be worried I wonder?) :giggle: Good thing gardening time is over - perhaps he is a "digger" :clap:

Michael wants to call him Chase (?) - I myself want to call him Bear, but we may be stuck calling him Beta, as the family who raised him thus far has called him that, and a lot of other names too according to the lady on the phone :clap: (should I be worried I wonder?) :giggle: Good thing gardening time is over - perhaps he is a "digger" :o

I think he will let you know soon enough what his true "name" is as long as it isn't "Nuts" LOL :(

Hugs

I think he will let you know soon enough what his true "name" is as long as it isn't "Nuts" LOL :giggle:

Hugs

LOL!!! That is great!!

Congrats on your new baby. My dog is a member of the family. My daughter called the dog her little sister.

:lol: Aww..Nutz has such a ring to it though!! :unsure:

I'm sure like any well-loved child, he will have many names. Some names may even cause that colorful cloud to appear over our house that Holly mentions now and then :shifty:

Hmm..I will have to check on cords here and there Heidi. I was just telling Redneck Princess that I think we will have to keep him out of our "back-room" where the computers are because of cords everywhere, not to mention most of my dollhouse stuff. He gets into my dollhouse stuff, and he might find himself back in Iowa :lol: (just kidding - I think) :p

It is Sunday morning over here now so are we getting excited yet? Please share pics of the little bundle of fur and have extra batteries as well so not to miss anythign in case of needing recharging etc etc :rofl: I hope little "Nutter/Nutz" is sleeping soundly by now so that he to is prepped for a wonderful meeting!

Hugs