Hello Everyone!

Steph

I am new to the miniature world and have just purchased my first. I ordered the Pierce and am excitedly awaiting its arrival. The only thing that I know I haven't gotten yet was the siding. Did anyone use siding on their house?

I can't wait to get started and hope that I will continue with it.

So glad I found this forum. I hope I will learn alot of things that I never knew before.

Steph

Welcome to the forum family, Stephanie. I have a Pierce that someone started to build and Traci/ New Day was going to try to rehab, but she decided she had too much on her plate to deal with it and as soon as I finish rehabbing the "Barbies" for Toys for Tots and build the two kits taking up workroom space I'm going to start in on the Pierce. The one I have doesn't want siding, although it may decide to have shingles on its gables before all's said & done. We're arguing back & forth over whether it wants brick, stone or stucco outside; but first it has to come completely apart, because the way it wants to look may require some bashing.

I have used the Greenleaf siding and shingles on mini of the houses I've built, and I like working with it very much.

Welcome to the forum. This is the best forum around. You have questions you are expected to ask. I haven't been a member long and have learned an enormous amount from the individuals here...they are fantastic!!!!!

Some things I did learn and will pass on:

There is only one RIGHT way and that is YOUR way. Everyone does their houses differently...pick what works for you.

Even though the directions may say to use a hot glue gun...DON'T. It doesn't stand up to the test of time.

Above all...DON'T PANIC AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Stephanie! :)

I'm rehabbing a Pierce, which is missing some of the roof, three doors, 3 windows, porch, rails, trim, and tower roof, so I'm having quite an adventure. I have pics in my Pierce Rehab gallery. I plan to do siding, shingles, and gingerbread (if I can master the scrollsaw!) I'd love to compare notes as you build!

Hi, Stephanie . . . boy, is it great to have you join us! Our members are just the BEST, and I know you are going to have tons of fun here. It is wonderful to have a "budding miniaturist" amongst us . . . you have a better network to back you up than the AT & T one!!!! :wave:

Hey steph, my mom bought the pierce over 15 yrs ago and passed away in august. all she got done was putting the walls up so i am gonna finish it. If you need help i might be able to help since i am slightly ahead of you. I just put the electrical in....

• 4 weeks later...